From today's featured article
Public transportation; millions of people ride it all the time across these United States of America. Buses transport people from point A to point B with stops in between; every public transportation system may seem the same but deep down in San Bernardino County located in the Inland Empire lies a public transportation system oddly named "Omnitrans". What does that mean? Is it some sort of all-thinking bus system that can think for itself? All questions aside, all buses have a voice and this one has one many video game heads are already familiar with.
Meet GLaDOS, a fuel system ice inhibitor that's also an operating system and also arguably alive. She is the operator of Aperture Science, a high-tech innovator of science that is most notable for making shower curtains. It may seem like she runs Aperature Science 24/7 but her day job is voicing the announcements for Omnitrans...
So without further to do, I'd like to introduce to you... GLaDOS: the voice of Omnitrans. (Full article...)
Did you know...
- ... that Canadian baseball (Pictured) is a thing?
- ... that the process of dying and coming back to life as a cow is known as reincownation?
- ... that contrary to popular belief, popular belief isn't all that popular?
- ... that Witch-Hunting For Fun and Profit has mostly turned into Witch-Hunting For Fun in this modern era of cheaply produced Chinese assembly line witches?
- ... that if we used a language without homonyms, a certain type of pun would be impossible, and thereby much gaiety would be lost?
- ... that no word in the English language rhymes with the word flucumber?
- ... that you should accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior, today!
- ... that I am writing this from beyond the grave?
In the news
- Writers strike ENDS!!! (Pictured)
- Blackdick removed from Saw X
- Bar fight breaks out at formal dinner party
- Kevin Spacey FULLY ACQUITTED!!!
- Twitter bird has ceased to be!
- SAG-AFTRA on strike: Where are the B-listers?
- Pat Sajak retiring from Wheel of Fortune, Vanna says, "GIV_ M_ A RAIS_!"
- Vladimir Putin assassinated by Carrie Mathison
- Singer Tina Turner dies at 83
- Sweden wins Eurovision, Loreen becomes first artist to win twice since Johnny Logan
- Uncyclopedia writers on strike!
Ongoing: Hollywood on strike · Russian Invasion · ABBA
Recent births: Ginny Weasley's baby
Recent deaths: Gary "Dream Weaver" Wright · The Writers Guild of America negotiations · Donald "Ducky" Mallard · The Writers Guild of America strike (2023) · Albus Dumbledore
Upcoming deaths: SAG-AFTRA strike 2023 · Kris Kristofferson · Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter
On this day
- 1890 - 'Yosemite Sam' National Park established.
- 1919 - Woodrow Wilson falls down the White House stairs and is the first President to lose use of his left big toe.
- 1928 - The Soviet Union introduces its first Five-Year Plan, which is to come up with another five year plan in five years.
- 1930 - "October 1 day" celebrated in Paris. Rioting ensues.
- 1960 - Nigeria gains independence from the United Kingdom. This event is celebrated by a solemn ten seconds of not sending spam emails.
- 1962 - Riots in Mississippi as Alabama wins the "America's most racist state" award. Alabama's victory brought to an end Mississippi's 30-year winning streak.
- 1963 - Intelligent design is no longer taught in schools after the California State Board of Education is created.
- 1975 - Muhammed Ali declared the eventual winner against Joe Frazier in a fight dubbed the "Battle in Guadacanal".
- 1979 - The Hunt For Red October officially began. It was supposed to start on September 28th, but they waited a couple of days to save them changing the name.
- 1998 - Raccoon City is destroyed by three cruise missiles and repeated aerial bombardment in an attempt to contain a T-Virus outbreak
- 2003 - Bournemouth recognised as a city by the British government, entire world shocked.
- 2004 - In a desperate bid to diversify its business Microsoft engineers and a team from Wigan University, England invent the pineapple chunk.
Picture of the day
Other areas of Uncyclopedia
- How to be funny and not just stupid – for help with that comedy thing
- Policies and guidelines – for the boring rules no one follows
- Formatting – for help on editing
- Requested articles – for inspiration, or lack thereof
- Village Dump – to throw angry invectives at other users
- Community portal – for general community shenanigans
News on crack
The content-free encyclopedia
Best left unsaid
Ways to waste away
Like Ikea without the pictures
No student loans
Debate the irrelevant
We ruin stage too
- More than 10,000 articles: Português · Boarisch · 日本語 · Polski · Plattdüütsch · Italiano · Español · Français
- More than 1,000 articles: Suomi · Dansk · Deutsch · 한국어 · 正體中文 · 汉语 · Русский · Norsk (Bokmål) · Bahasa Indonesia · Česky · ไทย · Esperanto · Ελληνικά · Nederlands · Galego · עברית · Svenska · Slovenčina · Magyar · Українська
- More than 100 articles: فارسی · عَرَبِيّ · Türkçe · Català · Norsk (Nynorsk) · Српски / Srpski · Hrvatski · Lietuvių · Latina · Tagalog · Български · Simple English · Latviešu · Mirandés · Македонски · Română · Cymraeg