From today's featured article
Make Poverty History was a 2005 campaign launched by Bob "God" Geldof, its aim being to Make Poverty History. The campaign was unique in that it encouraged ordinary people to do something to make a difference to poverty by wearing a white band on their wrist where everyone could see it, so that everyone knew that they were committed to Making Poverty History.
In December 2004, Geldof made a speech to launch Make Poverty History year (he was meant to wait until January, but was way too excited to keep quiet about it): "I know that it won't be easy to Make Poverty History. It's not a trivial task - it takes all of us to stand up and say: 'I want to do this!' But if enough of us do, then governments will listen. Maybe even the Guinness Book of Records will listen!" (Full article...)
Did you know...
- ... that Captain Autofellatio (Pictured) often gets distracted from crime-fighting?
- ... that no word in the English language rhymes with the word flucumber?
- ... that Richard Nixon was well-known for his honesty and often referred to as Honest Dick?
- ... that if Abraham Lincoln was alive today, he would be clawing desperately at the lid of his coffin and screaming for help?
- ... that there is one imposter among us?
- ... that the world will beat a path to your door if you build a better Mousetrap?
- ... that it's been proven beyond reasonable doubt that 50% of modern marriages end in divorce because of arguments inside IKEA stores?
- ... that I just had sex, and hey do you got any napkins?
In the news
- ABC waiting for Norman Lear to "croak" (Pictured)
- Gigli becomes highest grossing film of all time
- Survivor is getting a real-death spinoff
- Opinion: Yes, I'm a Twihard. Let me explain
- UK judge desperate to cancel Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Jury decides Amber Heard is bad at fake crying
- Ukraine wins Eurovision
- Mark Ruffalo professes love of war
- "Weird Al" Yankovic's 15th album: All you DIDN'T want to know
- Nick News: Will Smith banned from Oscars
- MTG tells cops she does not understand jokes
- "Weird Al" Yankovic gives the Russian Invasion a serious treatment
- Fans to SNL: Give n00b more screen time
- Hollywood has changed its name
- Albert Pujols returns to St. Louis
- Cleveland Browns bring in "manly man"
- Finland is canceling its embarrassing history with Russia
- Boney M and Dschinghis Khan rewrite Russia-themed hits
- Covid-positive Earl kills Queen in NBC reboot
- UnNews remembers Mark Lanegan and some more important stuff
- Dog bites alien
- Putin's mum issues apology from afterlife
- This popular article is restricted due to low creator history
- Spotify makes another huge mistake
- The fork is about to invade the spoon
- Rams bar Bengals from playing in Super Bowl
- Boney M removes Neil Young cover from Spotify
- Hundreds of Patients are Stuck in Oregon Hospital Beds
- Bob Saget writes ultimate dirty joke, dies from shock
- Weezer makes Death angry
- Rivers gets promoted by President Biden
- UnNews' Exclusive Interview with God: Part 3
On this day
- 5000 B.C. - first dingo arrives in Australia. Says dingo: "Man, I'm hungry. Could sure go for something chewy and defenseless."
- 3020 B.C. - Dingo's successfully mate with a Wallaby. The Dallawingoby young, a Wingodollajoeyhopper, is found to be delicious when BBQ'd, insuring quick extinction.
- 1776 - Thomas Jefferson releases happiness at 11am.
- 1777 - Thomas Jefferson releases packs of Dingoes into the Virgina wilderness. These same Dingoes are later accredited with the eminination of the Roanoke Settlement.
- 1918 - Bolshevik revolutionary leader Moisei Uritsky is assassinated. Dingos are suspected.
- 1980 - "Ah Dingo Ate Moy Baybee!"
- 1984 - Happiness is prohibited by the ISoPT.
- 1986 - A pack of rabid Dingoes invade and devour the city of Syndey Austrailia.
- 1988 - Pakistani President Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq and US Ambassador Arnold Raphel are killed in a plane crash. And then eaten by dingos.
- 1988 - The legendary Alex Cross was born in Redhill, Surrey, UK. He then roundhouse-kicked a dingo in the face when it tried to eat him.
- 1997 - Rabid packs of Dingoes win parlamentary elections in Austrailian run-off elections.
- 1999 - Nothing happens.
- 2004 - Alex Cross beat Chuck Norris in a fight, but Chuck Norris, with his last ounce of strength, roundhouse-kicked himself back in time to avoid being in a fight with someone far superior.
- 2006 - President George W Bush is confused on why the farmer would name his dog "Dingo". Puppet Master Cheney tries to explain, but then gets fed up and shoots a friend in the face.
- 2009 - Mount Everest a splode.
Picture of the day
Other areas of Uncyclopedia
- How to be funny and not just stupid – for help with that comedy thing
- Policies and guidelines — for the boring rules no one follows
- Formatting – for help on editing
- Requested articles – for inspiration, or lack thereof
- Village Dump – to throw angry invectives at other users
- Community portal – for general community shenanigans
- More than 10,000 articles: Português · Boarisch · 日本語 · Polski · Plattdüütsch · Italiano · Español
- More than 1,000 articles: Français · Suomi · Dansk · Deutsch · 한국어 · 正體中文 · 汉语 · Русский · Norsk (Bokmål) · Bahasa Indonesia · Česky · ไทย · Esperanto · Ελληνικά · Nederlands · Galego · עברית · Svenska · Slovenčina · Magyar · Українська
- More than 100 articles: فارسی · عَرَبِيّ · Türkçe · Català · Norsk (Nynorsk) · Српски / Srpski · Hrvatski · Lietuvių · Latina · Tagalog · Български · Simple English · Latviešu · Mirandés · Македонски · Română · Cymraeg