Obviously all Admins on Uncyclopedia are Rank; this goes without saying. However, recent historical research by the Uncyclomedia Foundation has revealed that due to some obscure passage in the Magna Carta, the Bill of Rights and the Act of Parliament that created the Royal Air Force, or a combination of the three with the existence of the Order of Uncyclopedia means that all Admins (and registered users) are actually Officers of the British Army (or, for the yanks, USAF or USMC)
It should be noted that users are advised against trying to exercise their power in this respect, as the army remains oblivious of the legal loophole. Should they discover it, there is a chance we will be dispatched to Guantanamo Bay, or worse still, Iraq.
Oddly enough, Order of Uncyclopedia Rank bears no relation to NATO rank.
|NATO Code||OF-10||OF-9||OF-8||OF-7||OF-6||OF-5||OF-4||OF-3||OF-2||OF-1||OF-D-||Student Officer|
|Field Marshal1||General||Lieutenant-General||Major-General||Brigadier||Colonel||Lieutenant-Colonel||Major||Captain||Lieutenant||Second Lieutenant||Officer Designate||Officer Cadet|
USAF Gen. of Air Force1 Gen. General Lt. General Maj. Gen. Brig. Gen. Colonel Lt. Colonel Major Captain 1st Lieutenant 2nd Lieutenant Staff Sergeant Airman USA General of the Army1 General Lieutenant General Major General Brigadier General Colonel Lieutenant Colonel Major Captain First Lieutenant Second Lieutenant Staff Sergeant Private First Class Uncyclopedia Insignia UC-Army-OF6.jpg Uncyclopedia Rank Sophia Oscar Wilde Chronarion That Guy Bureaucrat Top Secret Censored Admin (Sysop) Admin Candidate Huffer First Class Huffer Private User Registered Users Abbreviation FM Gen Lt-Gen Maj-Gen Brig Col Lt-Col Maj Capt Lt 2nd Lt OD OCdt
- 1 Currently honorary/wartime rank only.
Officers can promote or demote subordinates as they see fit upto the rank immediately below their rank, excepting that some promotions and Demotions (for instance, to Admin or Major) occur through other means; for example, Uncyclopedia:VFS. Example: an Admin can promote a user to Lieutenant (although they need not nominate for admin), a Bureaucrat can in addition Promote a Major to a Colonel if (s)he see fit.
In order to notify a user of their promotion, use the template Template:Notice of Promotion and place it on their talk page. This will create documentation of promotion which may then be pasted anywhere else it is needed.
Senority within a Rank
Within a Rank, Seniority is based upon the Date of Commision; that is, the date (s)he registered on Uncyclopedia. Even if someone was only recently promoted, if they registered before you they have senority over you. This is of course highly unfair.
One of the quirks inevitably produced by this scheme is that all Registered Users are now part of the NATO standard rank scale. This could be especially interesting if, for example, a Captain in the US Army were to outrank many of their superiors through dint of writing about Kitten Huffing on the Interweb. This has yet to be resolved...
(for non-admins, Captain and lower)
- Rataube: Nominated for sysop once by Isra and once by Tomps.
- Claudius Prime - Promoted by: 21:44, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
- King In Yellow - Promoted to 2nd Lt. by: gwax; nominated for admin here
- Sbluen - nominated here
- Ghelæ - nominated here
- Lugiatm - nominated here
- Slackerboy - nominated here
- Wild Weasel - Promoted to 2nd Lt. by: ~ T. (talk) 02:02, 4 May 2006 (UTC); nominated here
- Squiggle - nominated here
- Insineratehymn - nominated here
- Some user - Promoted by: 21:44, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
- Orion Blastar Promoted to 2LT by: ~ T. (talk) 02:06, 4 May 2006 (UTC); demoted to OD by 04:59 UTC, 10.5.2006, promoted to 1LT by 00:56 UTC, 10.11.2006
- High Gen. Grue - promoted by 05:58 UTC, 07.27.2007
- Charitwo - promoted by 10:19, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
- THEDUDEMAN - promoted by 02:43, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
- SPIKE - Promoted by: I am the dirt under your rollers 15:49, May 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Composure1 - Promoted by
- Prettiestpretty - Promoted by: - Tompkins 18:39, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
- Sir Cornbread - Promoted by , 05:31, 15 August 2006 (UTC)