List of Ubuntu forks
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ubuntu Linux has served as a base for a bunch of autistic professional forkers, resulting in a utterly useless (but rather cool) pile of 0s and 1s:
- Gentoobuntu, just like the normal Ubuntu, but based off Gentoo.
- Cootbuntu, For all Republicans, everywhere.
- Rubuntu, comprised entirely of software written in Ruby.
- Cubuntu, featuring long-awaited support for the Cubism plugin for The Gimp.
- OOobuntu, contains OpenOffice.org.
- Boobunto, with the only truly intuitive multi-touch user interface.
- Bluebuntu which replaces the award-winning brown skin by a yellow one.
- Kaboomto, explodes upon opening the box. Yippee!
- Goobuntu, to secretly take over the world.
- GNUbuntu, so Richard M. Stallman can sleep at night.
- Suebuntu, used to facilitate MPAA's just, but unequal fight for artist freedom.
- Moobuntu, for cows.
- Flubuntu, custom-made distribution for Oscar Wilde.
- Turuntu, has a Canajan spell checker, eh?
- GRUBuntu, boots with GRUB. Doesn't work, tho.
- n00buntu, brings joy with AOL Explorer, gracefully emulated.
- Truebuntu, nothing but the one only absolute truth of operating systems.
- Lesbuntu, derived from the recently successful Lesbian GNU/Linux.
- FUBUntu: keep it real, yo!
- Shoebuntu: it's almost available in your size
- Sewbuntu, a patchy one
- Zoobuntu, comes preinstalled in safari snipers.
- Doombuntu, with an out-of-the-box working installation of a demo version of Doom 5
- Subuntu, finally allows users to harness the power of the su command.
- YOUbuntu, with a stolen copy of SUSE's YaST Online Update tool
- Dumbuntu: if it's good for you, then you won't understand why anyway.
- Gruebuntu: if you don't recompile the kernel regularly, it will eat you.
- Zulubuntu, for those among us with fat lips.
- Edubuntu, to provide sexual education.
- Stubuntu, designed to ease writing of stub articles in Uncyclopedia.
- Jewbuntu, the chosen distro.
- w00tbuntu, assembled by Mr. Bar & Mr. Foo for w00t-w00t cr3w. Don't even ask.
- Bebuntu, exactly like the original Ubuntu, but with no application software.
- Flabuntu, Ubuntu for Massive Beings.
- Stewbuntu, nice 'n tasty!
- Malibuntu, 27 milibits of scenic beauty
- DOOM-BUNTU Made by the Irken Army for the purpose of spreading DOOM!
- Kungfubuntu, will kick your ass!
- Ubluntu, makes you high!
- Ubuntu Unity, Ubuntu, but with Unity desktop environment.
- Tuxbuntu, makes your soul to be sold to Linus Torvalds and for some reason Mark Shuttleworth.
- Macubuntu, like Ubuntu, but based off Mac OS X.
- Debian-openSUSE-ubuntu, like Ubuntu, but based off Debian and openSUSE.
- Beerubuntu, is Ubuntu for people make and drink beer (and also for beers).
- Utnubuntu, ubuntu that mirrors itself automatically.
- Ubaantu, ubuntu for shepherds, also for fans of mint jelly.
- Meowbuntu, ubuntu for cats and cat-fanciers. Goes to sleep at random.
- Spewbuntu, ubuntu for Bulimics. Ejects CDs immediately.
- Poobuntu, ubuntu for scatologists. NEVER use the screen saver!
- Ubunstu, Sir Mix-a-Lot's ubuntu of choice.
- Muumuubuntu, Fork for your aunt Sheila. Maintained by Pall Mall.
- Marlbuntu, For the dedicated addict. France's favourite.
- Ubuntutu, A fork for Ballet dancers. And six-year-old girls.
- Ewwbuntu, For the little boy in us all. More slugs and snails than puppy-dog tails, tho'.
- Cuckoobuntu, For those not wholly committed to sanity. The same command repeated twice will often yield different results.
- Ubundtu, The Ubuntu with a hole in the middle!
- UbuntuBSD, like Ubuntu, but based of BSD.
- Ubuntu System V, like Ubuntu, but based off AT&T System V. (Now with shitty ringtone and calls)
- AOLbuntu, now with 1000 hours of free America Online dial-up internet.
- Pythonbuntu, Ubuntu for Python programmers.
- Windowsbuntu, like Ubuntu, but based off Microsoft Windows.
- Ubuntu Gaming, Ubuntu for gamers.
These can be combined into metadistributions, catering to exact tastes of a single user on a single-user system. For example Deletefilebuntu:
- is not derived from Debian
- is licensed under the Lesser General Public License
- is kanz of teh ghey roxage
- can be installed only on the first physical partition
- satisfies every document processing need of the user with the Le Editor.
See also[edit | edit source]
Applications & Documentation
People & Organizations