- 1 Wowwwwww!
- 2 thanks
- 3 Request
- 4 Category:Article subpages
- 5 Dodo pic
- 6 Jesus Raises MadMax from the Dead
- 7 HIII
- 8 intentionally short pages
- 9 Hello!
- 10 Take a break from all your tinkering and categorizing and stuff...
- 11 FA Categorizing
- 12 The Article Whisperer
- 13 FA categories being made into templates
- 14 The Article Whisperer
- 15 Slut shaming
Your clickable world map. Wooooowwwwwwwww! How long did that take you? Wonderful work. I looked but can't find the Phoenix Islands, is it too difficult to pop in or just how does this thing work? Amazing. Aleister 18:01 17-1-14
- Thanks. I just imported it from Wikipedia though so I can't really take credit for it. I thought it'd be neat to have an Uncyclopedian version of it. Illogicopedia has a nice world map too. I can try editing it to include other locations when I have more time. MadMax (talk) 22:42, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
For putting the cloud article up on features. Could you substitute this picture for the one on the main page, which may have to be removed eventually? It's the cloud image that started the whole thing off. Thanks. Aleister 14:07 1-2-14
Hi Max, hope this meets you well. I was wondering if you could please delete this article. The reason: its too insider style, stands no chance of FA, plus I regret it. Pretty please! Cheers!--Funnybony 19:04, Feb 18
It's cool that you're categorising the article subpages, but you may not be aware that many of them are actually templates used in the articles, so the article ends up in the category as well unless you use <noinclude> tags, which you haven't been doing. Would you mind checking if something's transcluded somewhere before adding a category to it, and if it is, use noinclude tags on it? Thanks. I'll see about taking care of the ones that are already there. – Llwy-ar-lawr (talk • contribs • logs) 21:31, 16 Apr 2014
Jesus Raises MadMax from the Dead
- -John 11:38-44
38 Jesus, once more deeply moved, came to the tomb of Uncyclopedia. It was a cave with a stone vacation template laid across the userpage.
39 “Take away the template,” he said.
“But, Lord,” said Martha, the sister of the dead man, “by this time there is a bad odor, for he has not been seen on recent changes for many days.”
40 Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of Uncyclopedia?”
41 So they took away the template. Then Jesus looked up and said, “MadMax, I thank you that you have heard me.
42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe in Uncyclopedia.”
43 When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “MadMax, come out!”
44 The vacationing man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face.
Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him edit.”
- – Jesus F Christ
- Currently I'm editing Captain Atheist. Perhaps you might like to edit this a little also? Maybe, sometime? I would love it if you did. :) JFC 01:31. Jun 14
- Always a pleasure, MrN. :) I've been pretty busy lately but I'll see what I can do at Captain Atheist. MadMax (talk) 13:40, 1 September 2014 (UTC)
- Hello there. MadMax (talk) 20:50, 1 September 2014 (UTC)
intentionally short pages
hi, max. i've been adding the standard 'this text added to keep this disambiguation page off the shortpages list' text to disambig pages. is there a similar wall of text for intentionally short pages? i'm thinking it would be easier to scan Special:ShortPages if we could remove undictionary entries and intentionally short articles such as Brevity. thanks! 00:24, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
- I think it might be possible to add the wall of text to templates instead of going through each one individually. I'll take a look into it when I can. MadMax (talk) 18:58, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
I've tried adding the text to various templates but it doesn't seem to me working. I'm not sure who to ask about the technical stuff these days but I can leave a note on the "Report a problem" page if I can't fix it. MadMax (talk) 03:26, 8 October 2014 (UTC)
- I just saw User:MadMax/FA and I'm even more impressed. Do you think you'll be able to finish the project? It would be great. It would be even more great we were able to remove every single link to a non-featured article (after checking every single article linked to and determining whether it is of feature quality). But I guess that's not going to happen. Anton (talk) 18:50, 27 September 2014 (UTC)
...and write. You're a good writer MadMax! Last Year's was fun. -- 03:03, 29 September 2014 (UTC)
I just wanted to say great work with all the FA Categorizing stuff. I've been keeping track of what's been done already at the bottom of User:Xamralco/WIP if you want to see. I've been working from the most recent to the oldest while I see you've been working from the oldest to the newest. I guess we'll meet in the middle eventually lol. -- 01:22, 24 October 2014 (UTC)
The Article Whisperer
FA categories being made into templates
- That's a pretty good idea. I've made similar templates in the past though most have too many red links to use in mainspace. MadMax (talk) 05:18, 13 November 2014 (UTC)
The Article Whisperer
Hi! Something strange seems to be happening with TAW. I decided to update the page for the upcoming competition, but it seems like winners for the 3rd competition haven't been announced. I can't know for sure, not having witnessed that competition myself, so have to address myself to you. Do you, by any chance, have more information than me? Anton (talk) 17:15, 12 December 2014 (UTC)
- Gerrycheevers won the "Best Most Wanted Article" award for Hell and "Best Requested Article" for Planet X. No one entered the "Best "Vital" Article" category. I was thinking of scrapping all three in favor of a single category and instead awarding the Top 3 best articles. I kept the "optional awards" section open last year but I don't think they were really that popular. MadMax (talk) 22:39, 12 December 2014 (UTC)
Hi! I don't know how to go about advertising the competition. Do you have access to any of our external accounts? EMC doesn't respond to any messages and neither does Kip. Also, I just saw the Foreign Office page you made. Would you like me to add information about the Russian uncy? () Anton (talk) 16:19, 25 December 2014 (UTC)
- No, I don't unfortunately. Have you tried contacting them on IRC? Also I'd appreciate any help on the Foreign Office list. Thanks. MadMax (talk) 06:17, 26 December 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, once. I'll go back. Anton (talk) 16:31, 26 December 2014 (UTC)
- I'll help you with Foreign Office, while I get to my computer. Also, could you please suggest me how not to manually add the vertical line - | - to the table for each topic, if I am adding a column to it? Anton (talk) 17:47, 26 December 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for all the fixes, but this page isn't an example of misogynist humor, but a counter-example, a criticism of slut shaming. Just thought I needed to tell you. Anton (talk) 17:43, 28 December 2014 (UTC)
- Actually, it would be of a great help to me, if you could point out what exactly in the article may seem misogynistic, so I could do something about it! Anton (talk) 17:58, 29 December 2014 (UTC)
It wasn't meant as a criticism. The article is categorized under "Feminist theory" and "Misogyny" on Wikipedia. Uncyclopedia doesn't have either category and "Childish Misogynistic Humor" is the closest equivalent. Its not a problem if you don't want it in the article. MadMax (talk) 21:32, 29 December 2014 (UTC)