Hello, Awesome Aasim, and thanks for joining Uncyclopedia! Before editing further, please take a gander at our Beginner's Guide. If you want to find out more about Uncyclopedia or need more help with something, check out the following pages:
- About Uncyclopedia and The five pliers of Uncyclopedia
- Help Pages - if you need help with a specific issue
- Votes for Highlight Page - read the very best articles and have your say about what goes onto our front page
- Pee Review - a place to get detailed feedback on your articles
Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date.
If you need help, feel free to ask me on my talk page, ask at the community forum or in the chatroom, or ask an administrator on their talk page. Additionally, our Adopt-a-Noob program can bring experienced editors straight to you. Simply leave a message on an adopter's talkpage to join. I hope you enjoy editing here and being an Uncyclopedian! -- 22:46, 1 March 2018 (UTC)
You should join our Discord server. It's a lot easier and faster to communicate there, and we'd all love to talk with you. → 07:34 25 February 2019
QuickVFD Virus Detected
Hi, I am the creator of the Virus Detected page, and I noticed it was put on the QuickVFD page by you (although it was eventually crossed out from there). I just wanted to say why I created the page. I originally noticed the Clippy template on the eBay page, and wanted to make the picture link there, but I couldn't figure out how. So, it's got a bit of history, and please take this into consideration if you do put it on VFD. NAMEGOESHERE (talk) 19:22, 19 February 2020 (UTC)
Hi Awesome Aasim, I noticed the two edits you made to the article Cancer. While I understand your opinion that the article has turned into a pile of unfunny crap, and while I might agree with you there, this is not cause to unilaterally revert one month's and nearly 20,000 bytes' worth of work by another user. A non-admin removing 19.8k bytes of text from an article because they don't personally think it is funny would normally be cause for a ban, but I've decided not to do that because you appear to have meant well, and you reverted to a version that previously existed at some point. The correct thing to do here would have been to nominate the article at VFD, which you can still do. I hope this makes sense, and let me know if you have any questions about that. — 06:40:06 2020/03/21 UTC
- Thanks for the information.. maybe I could have left a friendly message on their talk page explaining how we have set guidelines for humor :) Anyway that turned into a revert war really quickly... Awesome Aasim 19:29, 27 March 2020 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's no problem. I was talking with some of the other admins on Discord, and I think we're going to ban the guy if he doesn't move it to userspace, and perhaps point him to Illogicopedia, where that kind of article were fit better. By the way, you're always welcome to hop onto our Discord channel if you'd like to hang out with us. — 01:24:55 2020/03/28 UTC
About Beak Lions
No need to be a humor Wahhabi. Yes, Uncyclopedia is meant to be a parody of Wikipedia, but no, an Uncyclopedia article doesn't exactly need to be encyclopedic in nature, even if Template:Fix has something that states that an article doesn't look encyclopedic. If I ACCIDENTELATY CREATED A MEME by User:The Woodburninator can be VFH'd successfully and Template:Boner double featured, then not everything needs to be encyclopedic to be acceptable for Uncyclopedia's low standards. I do understand your plight, but don't. I don't think it's justified. If it's such a big issue, apply the correct tag. This one would've sufficed:
|This article does not resemble an encyclopedia entry.
Uncyclopedia is a parody of a Wikipedia-style Encyclopedia and should be written accordingly, generally with definition and summary and information about the topic. And funny. It needs funny. If this page is not fixed in 30 days, it may become a candidate for deletion.
Note: If the admins apprehend me, then I've got it completely wrong. I could be wrong. You could be wrong. We both could be wrong.
FYI, you don't need to put articles with construction tags on QVFD, especially if the tag is unexpired, like Naperville. Jetix, on the other hand, yes the tag expired two days ago, but those things are still checked fairly regularly by admins and deleted as necessary. Cheers. MrX blow me 17:04, 13 November 2020 (UTC)
I have adapted your protection symbol script from enwiki to use our "cock-lock" system (like File:Bluecocklock.png for ECP), see User:JJPMaster/protectionsymbols.js. JJPMaster 15:56, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
- I do not know what is super humorous about private parts, but okay. At some point, the joke does get old. Maybe a glitched padlock. But then that would be appropriate for an article like Glitch. Awesome Aasim 00:39, 12 April 2021 (UTC)