Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1213 - The Vatican, under Pope Innocent III, creates purgatory.
- 1312 - King Edward II became the first man to successfully grow a goatee. (Pictured)
- 1798 - North Dakota moves from the south of South Dakota to the north of South Dakota, to better fit its name.
- 1861 - Tennessee secedes from the Union after being called a pussy by South Carolina.
- 1949 - Author George Orwell writes his seminal classic, Nineteen Eighty-Four, thirty-five years two early.
- 1977 - Kanye West drops a generation-defining EP minutes after being born.
- 2017 - You read this entry, but you wished you hadn't bothered.