Jump to navigation Jump to search
June 29: Make Crude Jokes About Genitals Day
- 1194 – Sverre is crowned King of Norway, beginning a long reign of Danish Kings with unpronounceable names.
- 1542 – The comic strip Calvin and Hobbes debuts, lightheartedly poking fun at such contemporary topics as the Protestant Reformation. (Pictured)
- 1884 – The Picture of Dorian Gray is released by Oscar Wilde, consisting largely of crude jokes about genitals.
- 1965 – The auto accident starting the "Paul is dead" hoax occurs in England.
- 1972 – The U.S. Supreme Court rules the death penalty could constitute 'cruel and unusual punishment', particularly the more outlandish methods of carrying out the sentence, such as Texas' legendary alligator tank.
- 1999 – Prince continues to party.
- 2009 – Millions of Americans suffering from insomnia are miraculously cured when Jimmy Fallon receives his own late night talk show.