Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1633 - Catholic Rome forces Galileo Galilei to recant his heliocentric beliefs, horde of neckbeards immediately descend on Vatican to pester bishops with their unwashed body odor.
- 1774 - Britain forces Quebec to act excessively French as punishment for losing the French and Indian War. (Pictured)
- 1898 - America, angry at being forced to take two years of High School Spanish, invades Cuba to liberate it from un-American rule.
- 1907 - The London Underground opens up three new above-ground railways, protesters angry at the incongruous nomenclature are killed after trying to block the trains that run there.
- 1941 - Nazi Germany makes the fatal mistake of starting a land war in Eurasia. Amateur hour.
- 1978 - Pluto's moon Charon is discovered, is later demoted to dwarf moon for being insufficiently colorful.
- 2015 - A Turkish F-4 Phantom II Jet crashes in Syria after several Kurdish children get stuck in the air intake.