UnNews talk:Terrorists shut down Uncyclopedia
Wow. I have heard, through the grape vine, that the recent attack on Wikia was due to the "Islam: The real story" article. Now, as we all know, Islam is a sensetive religion and it doesnt like its prophets being ridiculed. Now I am not saying that you shouldn't be allowed to have a laugh at the expence of Islam. In my opinion, you should, bearing in mind that every other nation, religion or race seems to be able to look at themselves and have a good laugh. For the majority of Muslims I assume that they too can look at there way of life and see the humourous aspects. But of course there are the few that cant. And they crash the Wikia servers.
But!!! All is not lost. Maybe if the writers of this article actually ridiculed aspects of Muslim life, culture and stereotypes as opposed to the post 9/11 terrorist bullshit this wouldn't happen. A good example of good islamic comedy is Shazia Mirza, very funny (saw her in SoHo) and that dude who played the corrupt Arab trader in The Mummy. Cant remember his name. There is more to islam than terrorists. Infact the whole terrorist thing represents about a millionth of the islamic population. You will probably find more damaging fundamental Christians out there. Anyone remember the Nazis?
Anyway, enough is enough. If you cant be funny, just offensive, then set up some hate forum somewhere and you can laugh and giggle about terrorists and how thats probably the only funny thing about Islam. God is Great!!! No wait he isnt. -Haydn, a concerned Athiest. – Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
- "No wait he isnt." Prove it. Really, down to 50/50 scientifically. God isn't a problem, blindness and bigotry are. A bigot can believe anything, even if it is not a theism.
In summary, have no absolutes. There is always a chance, however minute, that THEY are right and you're Wrong. -Anonymous, a concerned intellectual. – Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
- P.S. For example, God could be really, really great and just have 'his hands full' or this entire universe (the space time continuum, physics, everything you can sense and your ability to think) are just a test of character by God. Or Xenu for that matter. MacGyver could be an avatar of the all-creator, who in turn is a super-monkey from an alternate universe. – Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs)
- Actually Heaven is the perfect universe. This universe was created by Angels and God either subcontracted the work out to them, or the explosion of The Devil trying to take over Heaven became the big bang, or maybe it was just God sneezing? Anyway this universe is not a perfect universe, in fact it is an imperfect universe that is defective by design. Genesis told the parable of the Garden of Eden in which even a perfect world would have human beings disobey God, and that is why we live in an imperfect world due to the sin of disobeying God. But it is all cool, because we get free will and make our own decisions and have freedom and rights to be either an asshole or a nice person. In fact this universe is a form of auditions for Heaven, in which we must prove how good we are in order to go to Heaven one day by getting along with each other. I think that we are all really living in a Reality TV show that God watches on his Tivo, but God does not have power over what we do in order to make the Universe Reality TV show more entertaining. I think that Jesus proved that God doesn't know everything in when his apostles asked him when he would return to Earth to bring about paradise, and Jesus stated that he didn't know and that nobody knows even God the father doesn't know. I think it is up to us, the more we mess up life, the more likely Jesus comes back to fix things. But anyway if everyone agrees to learn from their mistakes, be nice to everyone else, forgive others, and start making good decisions instead of bad ones, and become responsible for our actions and behaviors, and do our best to make the universe a better place. We can bring about our own version of Heaven on Earth. But knowing how flawed human nature really is, we are just delaying our own doom and destruction and destroying ourselves very slowly. --Lt. Sir Orion Blastar (talk) 02:16, 19 December 2007 (UTC)
- The more you don't know...
- Theological discussions make my brain hurt. Go read something.
- Actually we have people suing God/Allah now and God/Allah is counter-suing. I really cannot make up shit funnier than that. One thing I do know that if God/Allah is all knowing and all powerful then he can take a joke about himself or a religion he supposedly founded or whatever. Besides I wrote this article and database queries are what took down Uncyclopedia, and in the way they were used it was a terrorist act. Cyberterrorism, look it up some time. It is actually worse than page blanking and vandalizing put together. The problem is in how religion is managed, not religion itself, and not God/Allah either, but people, human beings, doing some really bad stuff is what is wrong here. Then making stupid claims like God/Allah told me to do it, and now God/Allah is claiming that he did not and he was misquoted and misunderstood. --Lt. Sir Orion Blastar (talk) 04:04, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
- God worked for six days, got sick of the task, then took the next day off. In that time, all Hell broke loose, alqaeda.ca was hijacked by evil Uncyclopedian administrators and much jihad ensued. Hopefully She'll try to straighten this mess out when She gets back on Monday, but do keep in mind that one of God's days is much longer than one of yours - so you might be waiting a while...
- Theological discussions make my brain hurt. Go read something.
UnNews Audio added
Hiya all, I'm not new to UNcyclopedia as a reader but I am as a contributor, and since my personal computer is provided with a microphone and software apt to recording audio files, I thought it would be fun to comtribute with some audio articles.
Your Italian Correspondant,
--Palcode 17:47, 21 September 2007 (UTC)
Since we are sitll making a big deal of this
I decided to make my own userbox to mark the event and so 9/21 will not be forgotten. Below is the userbox I have made for it. Fell free to make improvements to it. The template is at Template:User 921 .
Islam is great, it is the best religion in the world, uncyclopedia has no rights to criticise islam, sadly in this world of terrorism, islam is judged badly. How dare you. – Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
- Grow up and learn how to take a joke. Vandalizing an article because you disagree with it only shows your intolerance of humor. Nobody is criticizing Islam, only Islamic Terrorists, and not everyone in Islam is a terrorist, there are good Muslims in this world and I believe that. Islam is great, but it is the Islamic Terrorists that have made a mockery of Islam and a version of Islam that isn't true Islam, the religion of peace, but rather the Terrorist version of Islam is the religion of the sword. Uncyclopedia and all of the contributors have the rights to criticize anything we want to and make fun of anything we want to, because it is called the freedom of speech. When you blank and vandalize an article, it is called censorship and it is a violation of the freedom of speech. It is not Islam that is the problem, but in how Islam is managed by terrorists. Now the moderate and traditional Islamists manage it better and in that regard it is great. In the way the Islamic Terrorists manage Islam, it is terrible. If you bothered to read Uncyclopedia, on here we criticize every religion and even religions that do not exist as well. Just do a search on Christianity and see how it is criticized and made fun of. God/Allah is all knowing, and all powerful, and a kind and merciful and loving God, so I think he can all take jokes about his religions, etc. Most of all God/Allah teaches forgiveness and the Islamic Terrorists seem to have forgotten that, so please show us that you are great as well and show some forgiveness to the comedians who happened to write about Islamic Terrorists taking out Uncyclopedia on 9/21 because of a news item that made fun of Islam. Christians have been persecuted for over 2000 years and Jewish people have been persecuted for even longer than that. But then why is it that when Christianity and Judaism are criticized and made fun of, they don't blank and vandalize articles? By reacting the way you did, you give the critics of Islam even more ammo to use against it. Blanking and vandalizing an article is like an act of terrorism. --Lt. Sir Orion Blastar (talk) 04:58, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
- Also we are reverting vandalism by those who blank the page and add in insults to Islam as well. So both Pro-Islam and Anti-Islam forces are trying to vandalize this page. --Lt. Sir Orion Blastar (talk) 01:37, 25 September 2007 (UTC)
Anyone read our many pages on Jesus parodies? Or how about our category on things in which Jews control? Did I mention Atheist have their own Goddess? And don't get me started on Scientology. -- 19:44, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
This is a Communist plot
- Actually I think their plan for putting lead paint on children's toys, poison in dog biscuits, and taking away our jobs by messing up their economy worse than George W. Bush is messing up the US economy so their currency is cheaper than ours, thus forcing US corporations to offshore more factories and jobs to China and laying US citizens off, is kind of working better than that. All they need do is grow food cheaper than US farms do, and then we'd buy our food from China, and then they slip in that Bird Flu into our chicken, mad cow disease in our beef, add in a lot of MSG without telling us, I think they can kill off a lot of our population that way. Then they can invade and turn the USA into China Junior. I guess it is called Operation "Die Yankee Dogs!" or something and it was Plan Z by Chairman Mao and they already tried Plans A to Y already and they failed. --Lt. Sir Orion Blastar (talk) 02:22, 19 December 2007 (UTC)