Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1146 - The Finnish people emerge from the Baltic sea in search of a home. (Pictured)
- 1664 - Hell starts to get full. New Jersey is founded.
- 1672 - The Polish win their first war after the elite Winged Hussars fly into battle, gliding just above the reach of enemy spears.
- 1902 - Pablo Picasso opens the first exhibit of his artwork, is immediately handed loads of money by haute art critics who don't want to seem square.
- 1957 - After the U.S. Supreme Court rules smut not protected by the first amendment, Playboy starts putting interviews on their magazine.
- 1913 - Greece and Serbia gives Bulgaria the silent treatment.
- 2004 - New York declares the death penalty unconstitutional, Texas offers to execute New Yorkers on their state's behalf.