Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1485 - A conductor accidentally invents jazz music when the orchestra's metronome goes on the fritz.
- 1524 - The world's first Spanish restaurant is founded by Hernán Cortéz in Tenochtitlan.
- 1958 - The Supreme Court of the United States bans poetry and evicts all known poets from the country.
- 1972 - First state laws mandating public toilets passed in Texas. In protest, Texans urinate in public.
- 1983 - A suicide plumber floods the United States embassy in Beirut, Lebanon.
- 2002 - The internet is officially declared "useless and beyond redemption" by the Norwegian military.
- 2007 - The same orchestra who played jazz band music in 1485 faces the horror of Cole Porter's "Anything Goes."