Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1812 - Pretentiousness makes its first appearance in Victorian England.
- 1832 - Captain Petey Widdershanks Blunderbub Shaleweather Monkeyturtle Johansen III obtains his first ship, and immediately sets sail in search of wenches and grog.
- 1865 - Confederate General Robert E. Lee surrenders himself to Union General Ulysses S. Grant. The two later wed in Vermont.
- 1877 - Oscar Wilde pens his play Salome: A Tragedy in One Act which describes his personal experience spilling milk on his favorite sweater.
- 1905 - The famous Bacon and Cheese Sandwich is envisioned; planning takes several months. (Pictured)
- 1940 - Germany invades Norway and Denmark, Sweden feels left out.
- 2005 - Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles wed, thus squashing rumors that Parker Bowles is a man.