Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 3141 BC - The world's first great pi was baked. It took years to eat.
- 1949 - Iceland's blundered declaration of war on the USA leads to the accidental formation of NATO.
- 1503 - Disneyland Central America opens in the Aztec city of Tenochtitlan.
- 1975 - You really should have bought shares in Microsoft, which was formed on this day.
- 1984 - President Ronald Reagan calls for an international ban on something or other, oh hell I can't remember. (Pictured)
- 2001 - The butterfly effect is proved in an ingenious experiment, causing devastating hurricane damage in China.
- 2002 - Actor Mickey Rooney begins his process of decomposition.