From today's featured article
Objectivity is the claim that some utterance is true for everyone, and is independent of the money the utterer stands to make off you, which may be in the form of a patronage job after you vote for his awful candidate. Objectivity in practice is unattainable, but it is a nice thing to shoot for, sort of like dating a Perfect Ten. Objectivity is unmeasurable, because any proof of an utterance's objectivity might not be objective.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident....”
The above is the first recorded case, and still the most notorious, where a writer asserts that not only is something true, but that if you have a problem with it, then you are the problem. Saying something is objective is better than merely saying it is true. It is saying it is true for everyone, independent of point of view. This is the true mark of a liar. (Full article...)
Did you know...
- ... that Thomas Edison was arrested on charges of pornography following the release of his short film, Woman Whose Ankle is Partly Visible?
- ... that if Mommy is willing to lie about a freaky old dude who sneaks into children's bedrooms in the middle of the night to eat your cookies and drink your milk, she'll no doubt be willing to deceive you about everything else?
- ... tennis isn't just a game?
- ... tennis isn't just a game?
- ... that the A-bombs dropped on Japan were awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?
- ... that a bomb shelter is the safest place to hide explosives?
- ... that Stupendous Tropical Meningitis Vaccination A, the sister drug to Stupendous Tropical Meningitis Vaccination B, is very effective against Stupendous Tropical Meningitis?
In the news
- Man upset at Trump's remark would never visit countries in question (right)
- Charlie Daniels tweets crazy shit about Illuminati
- Hey, Jerry Van Dyke died
- Should auld acquaintance... something, something
On this day...
- 9 AD - Something happened to some guy somewhere out there in the world.
- 1264 - For the first time in human history, a man was born twice.
- 1920 - The League of Nations not sure what to do with that Hitler fellow, decides to just let it be, he'll fizzle out in a week.
- 1930 - Mickey Mouse loses his license to Steamboat Willie after being caught transporting eleven illegal immigrants up the Timeless River. Walt Disney distraught.
- 1942 - Odds are that Hitler (Pictured) did something morally objectionable on this date.
- 1987 - Something performed by guys with poofy hair and makeup on was the number one song in America.
Today's featured picture
Our newest articles
Michael Haneke • Rami Fortis • Dream Theater • Big Me • Gothic metal • Death (band) • There’s no crying in tennis. • Ministry • Chutes and Leaders • Punk rock • Cinema of Israel • Nine Inch Nails • KISS (rw) • Satyricon • UnReviews:Heaven Upside Down • Purple Rain Man (rw) • Metallica • UnScripts:Waiting For Godot 3: Waiting For Gadot • Venom (band) • LL Cool J • Wayside School • The Magic School Bus (rw) • Steve Miller Band (rw) • Millennials (rw) • Britpop • David Cronenberg • Benjamin Netanyahu • Lebanon • Transvestite • Scientist (rw)
Uncyclopedia on Social Media
Follow Uncyclopedia across social media to stay updated on the latest wiki happenings.
Uncyclopedia's Sister Projects
The news source on crack
The content-free encyclopedia
The ick!tionary of all things best left unsaid
Where noisy things can live and prosper
Another way to waste time
Instructions and guides for anything and everything
Useless misquotes galore
If it makes sense, we don't want it
Poetry for people who hate poetry
Debating all the irrelevant issues
We can ruin stage and film too
Don't make me explain it to you twice
We'll tell you why things suck
Broken media repository
Content-free worldwide travel guide