Jump to navigation Jump to search
September 3: International Festival of Frowning at Cows (Saskatchewan)
- 447 B.C. - The word “fabulous” is invented by Plato.
- 1189 - Richard the Lionhearted is crowned King of England at Westminster, followed by a successful reign consisting chiefly of lazing in the sun and ridding the British Isles of zebras.
- 1783 - The American Revolutionary War comes to an end with the Treaty of Paris. While America wins, it concedes that Britain is still better than France.
- 1939 - Adolf Hitler embarks on his global tour, performing to a sold-out crowd in Warsaw.
- 1945 - Spoons were acquired by the known company, Tupperware.
- 1974 - William Shatner discovers the world's largest known deposits of tiberium in his back garden.
- 1971 - The day my Daddy died.
- 2005 - Bob sits down for dinner, frowns at his overcooked steak.