Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 900 - A horde of plus-sized Vikings raid the east coast of Britain and set up a new IKEA, selling meatballs and lingonberry sauce to all.
- 1847 - The last survivors of the Donner Party are out of the wilderness. Shortly thereafter, the first McDonners restaurant opens. First item on the menu: McRib.
- 1862 - The worlds first battery operated fork is created, two million die during its first use.
- 1859 - Ground is broken for the Suez Canal. Israelis and Egyptians immediately begin fighting over who owns the hole.
- 1915 - Australians invade Turkey, but couldn't get past the smell of street kebab.
- 1921 - Fattest US president in history, William Howard Taft, eats his own ruptured spleen.
- 2016 - The International Federation of Dentists cancel all appointments for the month of August until Americans learn to floss.