User talk:Kip the Dip
“Battle not with subhuman faglords, lest ye become a raw uncondensed pile of faggotry, and if you gaze into the FOUR buttholes of the Internet, the buttholes gaze also into you.”
A Charlie Brown Christmas
- I do have a few plans:
- Make the article less hateful towards the special. At most, the article should have reverence towards the special, while still giving it a playful satirical ribbing.
- Get into the history behind the special.
- Expand the soundtrack section.
- Remove a lot of the unnecessary jokes.
- If you have an ideas, don't be shy! I'd like to you to further explain this audience reaction idea.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas airs on ABC this coming Monday right after this hour-long 50th anniversary tribute. I'm hoping to get a better grasp of the special before we can have an article worthy of it. -- 08:41, Nov. 28, 2015
It just aired on TV, you gonna start working on the article? I'm not saying you have to, but honestly I would recommend removing the Samuel L. Jackson thing. To me, it seems forced - like, "HAHAHHA, a character from a children's cartoon said something that would never be in a children's cartoon, that's so edgy." It's almost 9GAG or Facebook-tier imho (no offense).--EpicWinner (talk) 07:59, 1 December 2015 (UTC)
- The Pulp Fiction thing isn't trying to be "edgy". I mean, the fact that it's something from an adult movie put in a childrens' cartoon with religious overtones is inherently humorous, but it's mostly because that scene is very iconic for having a fake scripture verse quoted. If anything, I'd consider removing it because it's pop culture reference humor. Almost too Family Guy and Robot Chicken.
- And yes, I'll start working on it tomorrow. -- 08:11, Dec. 1, 2015
Since you like doing Christmas-related articles, would it be possible for you to work on the main Santa page? It's got some good ideas, but it also has a lot of cruft and lack of focus.--EpicWinner (talk) 08:28, 1 December 2015 (UTC)
Do you know anyone who's good at Photoshopping? For the Sega Genesis article, I would really like it if someone Photoshopped a picture of a Genesis with the color pattern of Genesis' Abacab, rather than the plain black look. That would be really funny to me.--EpicWinner (talk) 07:38, 2 December 2015 (UTC)
- Bizzebeever on line one. -- 08:04, Dec. 2, 2015
Hey Kip...would you agree to a three day extension for the tournament (that is finishing up on Tuesday 23.59 UTC) for the bad taste category? ˜˜˜˜?
I decided to expand this article a bit, moving the FA material into the "episode transcript" section. I noticed looking through this page's history than an anonymous user made several edits to the transcript in 2008 (click on "Featured version: 30 April 2008" to compare), completely changing its tone and feel, despite it already being an FA. This hasn't been reverted in the seven years since. Should it be?--EpicWinner (talk) 04:05, 19 December 2015 (UTC)
- Oh God, yes. The IP revisions are terrible. Revert those edits and, as long as you're expanding it any, try to keep it as true to spirit of the featured version as possible. -- 05:59, Dec. 19, 2015
- You know, there are other admins here? And really, this isn't normally the kind of thing you ask them anyway. That being said, I only know of two major Simpsons fans at this site: 1) Me, but I'm not really interested. 2) Supergeeky1, but he doesn't really edit or read Uncyclopedia. Meaning the project is in your hands. I'll gladly Pee Review it for you if you ask. I've been trying to get Pee Review back up. -- 06:05, Dec. 21, 2015
If you're wondering why I've deleted so many Wildeisms, it's because the vast majority of them are, to be honest, crap. I feel that cutting down on them might encourage people to use them more sparingly and in cleverer ways.--EpicWinner (talk) 11:52, 21 December 2015 (UTC)
- 'k -- 12:51, Dec. 21, 2015
- Nah, it's not illegal if you ask nicely. I've been trying to wrap this up after putting it off until the last minute. If you can lend a helping hand, go ahead, knock yourself out. -- 06:04, Dec. 25, 2015
Judgery and stuff
Hi...I can't get anyone to be the third judge. My friend Sarah (who often helps me judge the happy monkey competition) has offered to help. I could put a copy of the four articles in my user space and then have her review them all anonymously (she'd have no idea who wrote what) and then add her results to the tally. If you are okay with that...great...she can do it this weekend. If not...please find someone who will judge the bad taste category. Chars01:57, 2 January 2016 (UTC)