Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1504 - Christopher Columbus predicts the Lunar Eclipse to scare natives into giving him shit, proving that astronomy should never be done by Italians.
- 1940 - Hattie McDaniel becomes the first African American to win an Oscar for her role as "Mammy" in Gone With The Wind; mixed feelings ensue.
- 1948 - Ken Foree, of Kenan & Kel fame, is born: world peace achieved for thirty minutes.
- 2012 - The Japanese finish construction of the Tokyo Skytree, which is obviously just a giant broadcast tower and not, say, the dormant state of a sleeping mecha.
- 2016 - People born on February 29th, 1932, finally celebrate their first legal drink: they then die of liver failure.
- 2021 - People born today realize everyone they've ever fucked is on the registry. Sorry.