Jump to navigation Jump to search
August 21: International "Look over there!" Day
- 4002 BCE - Adam and Eve become aware of their nakedness; Eve asks Adam why he is staring at her breasts. Adam shouts "Look over there!" and runs away, thus inventing The Oldest Trick in the Book.
- 3998 BCE - Adam tells Eve her shoelaces are untied and flicks her in the nose, thus inventing The Second-Oldest Trick in the Book.
- 27 - Jesus says he sees a giant killer land shark, uses the distraction to grab many loaves and fishes from his wagon.
- 1458 - A small child in London shouts "Look, a duck!" whilst pointing in the air to buy himself enough time to rob the city while the population is staring pointlessly at the sky.
- 1831 - While picking cotton, Nat Turner shouts "Look at all those abolitionists!" and runs away, successfully escaping slavery.
- 1832 - Nat Turner hanged.
- 1911 - Louvre employee remarks "My stars, what is that," steals Mona Lisa.
- 1940 - Leon Trotsky is killed with a pickaxe in Mexico. His last name reminds me of a horse.
- 1959 - President Dwight D. Eisenhower exclaims "That woman is topless!", signs Hawaii into statehood while everyone is distracted.
- 1967 - Carrie-Anne Moss distracts mother long enough to escape from uterus.
- 1976 - Korean War: Operation Paul Bunyan takes place. An American invasion force is distracted when North Koreans yell "Look at that giant tree," causing angry Marines to forget their mission and focus on chopping it down.
- 1995 - Monica Lewinsky screams "Oh no, a vast right-wing conspiracy," fellates Bill Clinton while he's looking around exclaiming "Where? Where?"
- 2003 - Edna Turnington of Gloucestershire purchases seven pounds of ground beef.
- 2010 - HOLY CRAP THERE'S A GIANT SPIDER ON THE WALL BEHIND YOU!