Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1789 - Thomas Jefferson (Pictured) creates the "No Anniversary Day", in order to let people rest from Anniversaries at least one day in the year.
- 1790 - Some people decide to celebrate "No Anniversary Day" anyway, to Jefferson's unending disappointment.
- 1848 - Wisconsin bribes President James K. Polk with a big block of cheese to lower the sales tax on cow feed.
- 1932 - Unemployed veterans of World War I march on Washington, DC demanding owed money, Government agrees to give out payment as soon as World War II ends.
- 1989 - The Prime Minister of Iceland, on advice from his six-year old son, bans applesauce in the country, sparking a major riot.
- 2004 - The National World War II Memorial in Washington D.C. is converted into a commemorative waterpark: "They died, so you could wade."
- 2010 - The WNBA declares their way of playing the sport is about the fundamentals, rather than the skill.