Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1914 - The first National Making Up Oscar Wilde Quotes Championship is held in Southamptonshire on Boxbridge, England.
- 1929 - Just months after the Wall Street Crash of 1929, hungry bread line patrons fill their stomachs by eating the collected works of Oscar Wilde.
- 1947 - Oscar Wilde fever sweeps across the United States, with his play The Duchess of Padua briefly replacing the Foxtrot as the "bee's knees".
- 1959 - Presidential hopeful John F. Kennedy reads excerpts of Wilde's poem Ravenna to a sold-out crowd at Rice University.
- 1969 - An IBM computer gains sentience and prints out a copy of Wilde's letter De Profundis.
- 2007 - Online garbage fire Uncyclopedia hopes referencing Oscar Wilde rubs off on the quality of its shitty articles, fails horribly.