Forum:Vote to De-Op me! The Woodburninator!
Alright, so I came to this here forum space Thursday to campaign for myself getting opped. It happened faster than I ever could have imagined, specifically since getting opped was in no way my intention. But I have the powers now. Lets look over my campaign promises and see how well this administration is going so far...
- Promise to only edit on weekdays from 9am-5pm EST Hey, look at that! One day into the weekend, and I'm already editing. Well, it must have been something super worth while for me to break my first campaign promise less than 12 hours in, let's see here...
- Promise to be a drama muckraker Technically this has already happened, as my rise to admin got some sweet butthurt responses, but honestly not nearly enough to warrant this promise being successful. Overall the reaction seemed to be, yeah, maybe that shouldn't have happened, but meh it's Woody so whatever. That is not the kind of drama that moves numbers here, people! In order to create drama, I need to be really detestable. Instead I'm generally considered "annoying" or "Unfunny," but rarely do I ever get enough of a reaction from people to make waves. This is completely unacceptable.
- Promise to go undercover and bring down the cabal Ok, first things first... you can't publicly announce your intentions to go undercover. This is just stupid. It shows a real lack of good leadership. I can't emphasize enough how dumb this was. Secondly, I talked to RAHB after becoming an admin and apparently there is no cabal. So, in the end the promise was just pointless. No word yet on the existence of the 13 year old Taiwanese boys.
- Mass banning of i.p.s and 90% of users Looking over our ban log, and seeing what constitutes giving an infiniban, looks like my fellow admins have taken care of this for me. Why campaign for something that has already happened? Might as well have campaigned on the platform of wasting everyone's goddamn time.
- Will write something sometime More asinine forums? Because I'm pretty sure that's all we're getting out of me.
- Good at formatting *sigh*
- On IRC, will lament when derpyy isn't there, will be friends with anyone who laments with me Whelp, this one I can say I actually tried to do. I go on IRC, derpyy wasn't there. I lamented. I asked others to lament with me, and... fucking silence. Best I could get was Zombiebaron eventually pulling some strings to get derpyy back on. Helpful? Sure. What I promised I would do? Not even a little bit. But frankly, I'm giving myself a pass. I tried. The rest of you dropped the ball on this one.
- Would play Rocket League with people and becomes friends with them And here we come to the real issue with this whole thing. I admit, the second #3 was most of my reason for making the whole forum. You see, Rocket League is a game that recently came out. Sony decided to give it away for free to people who bought monthly to Playstation Plus subscriptions. It is a really fun game, and I greatly enjoy playing it. I had hoped people would see me saying this, get some positive word-of-mouth hype, and get the game to play with me. Not only did this not happen, every attempt I made from there to bring it up was met with either silence, or the frustrating "What's Rocket League" question. You all, and I'm hoping you understand just how serious I am right now, suck the dicks of 1000 circumcised, gelded horses.
- Won't get too high and mighty, won't abuse my power Alright, so first off, is using the phrase "I AM AN ADMIN! I AM A COMEDY GENIUS!" too high and mighty? I say yes. And I have used that phrase constantly since becoming an admin. And I'm fairly certain that "I am a comedy genius" isn't even a proper sentence. Also, I've been continually typing "WOODY IS THE BEST ADMIN! THE VOTE WAS LEGITIMATE" to derpyy on IRC in hopes that he picks up the phrase and starts spewing it to everyone, to limited results. Best I got so far is when he came back with "WOODY IS is gay GAY GAY." Still, the fact that I'm even trying this should tell you that my heart is not in the right place to be a good admin for the site. My priorities are obviously skewed. As far as not abusing my power, I've already banned, like 6 people for a quick laugh. This was both unfunny and unoriginal, and even knowing this, I will probably continue to do so. This should not be ok.
- Will start abusing power, and becoming an asshole Flip-flopping. The fact that I was every elected after changing my mind on a subject is on you all. Still, it's not too late to undo this mistake. As far as the becoming an asshole part, I'm pretty sure that ship sailed a long time ago.
- Have access to passwords and home addresses, won't use them for evil So it has come to my attention that this isn't even remotely true. I had always assumed that admins had the access to most of your personal information, but I have been quite disappointed to find that we don't. I mean... what's the fucking point to being an admin if you can't wreck the lives of the userbase you are supposed to be helping? I can't even remotely understand. Also, if this point wasn't already crystal clear before now, I lied. I absolutely would have used this information for evil.
- So I hope these points illustrate that I am completely unfit to be an admin. You can't renege all your campaign promises and get away with it. This won't stand, I say!
- This guy is an asshole The Woodburninator The vote was legitimate! ™ 15:46, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
- For. (Meow?) 16:03, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
- Against. I feel that the accusations against The Woodburninator are frivolous at best. -- Lost Labyrinth • (t) • (c) • (a) 16:46, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
- Against. Woody's not the administrator we deserve, but the one we need right now. TL;DR: Why so serious?
- Against. He's taking down spam quickly! MyOwnBadSelf (talk) 23:00, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
- Against. We must punish Woody for his injurious offences. We must instate him as admin high priest! ~EveryOtherUsernameWasTaken(dtf?) 10:57, 14 July 2015 (UTC)
Vote to Crat Woody
- He protest too much. We gotta crat him now. --Argylesocks (talk) 23:27, 14 July 2015 (UTC)
- It's like you idiots aren't even listening to me! I'm bad news! I'm a problem! The Woodburninator The vote was legitimate! ™ 01:15, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
- -15: Do we really need another crat: We have a few already. MUN MyOwnBadSelf, The BFDI Fan (talk - stalk - block) 02:26, 15 July 2015 (UTC)