Forum:Any of you guys ever visit Cracked.com?
That's some funny stuff they've got there.19:42, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
- So, you're cheating on Uncyclopedia? Sophia will be crushed when she hears about this. 15:47, February 22, 2010 (UTC)
- No! Blasphemy! ~ Avast Matey!!! Happytimes are here!* (talk) (stalk) Π ~ ~ 23 Feb 2010 ~ 04:53 (UTC)
- Yes! They're alright. -- Roman Dog Bird 05:05, February 23, 2010 (UTC)
- W-what? NO! I don't cheat on Uncyclopedia! What would make you THINK such a thing? 03:30, March 7, 2010 (UTC)
What I've learned from Cracked
1. Lists are funny. There is not a single subject that cannot be dramatically improved by putting it into list form. Make sure there are at least 5 things to cover. If there aren't actually 5 things to cover, throw in a few that don't belong. No one will notice.
2. Use pictures to make your points. Even if they don't really fit, pictures are what MAKE a funny article. The right placement of a picture is centered, and cutting a huge chunk out of your article, so that the reader knows that, while this is good, the stuff that's coming is only going to get better.
3. Page breaks. Nothing says "classy site" like a page break half-way through what you're reading so they can double ad revenue (I assume... my adblocker is working overtime to ensure all my favorite sites are eventually shut down. Ah, .communism, how I love you.) This wouldn't be so bad, but they use a bait-and-switch method of luring you in with progressively funnier posts leading up to a page break around #3, followed by two anti-climactic posts that make you want the money you didn't spend back.
4. Natural list enhancement Have you noticed your list is... lacking? Do you want a solution? Well natural list enhancement is here for you! Simply add an item that doesn't quite belong to your list, and get loads of non-sequitor laughs! It's fun for the whole family, because nobody knows what the heck is going on! Order now! Not available in Hawaii
5. They pay their writers. What kind of backward site does that nowadays? I know I don't get any money for anything I write. And look at the quality of my work! No, look at that other work. Trust me, I've got some funny stuff. Hold on... man. Ok, so maybe they're on to something there, but the point is, I'm still bitter.-- 13:03, February 23, 2010 (UTC)