Talk:Ipod Nano 200gb Instructions
Me, of course. --Chronarion 03:00, 23 Sep 2005 (UTC)
i tried this, and it works, soddering is a pain in the ass though--184.108.40.206 03:09, 23 Sep 2005 (UTC)
Dude, why WOULDN'T you do this? I've actually taken it a step further and attached a Diehard 630 Weatherhandler auto battery, so now I can listen for hours! --RadicalX 19:01, 27 Sep 2005 (UTC)
The Oscar Wilde quote doesnt really fit in
- Every article should have an Oscar Wilde Quote. -- Nintendorulez 18:13, 30 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- Except this one. --Chronarion 19:45, 1 Oct 2005 (UTC)
Oscar Wilde Quote
I must second the notion that this particular Oscar Wilde quote doesn't fit. Perhaps we could agree upon something more fitting? "I always thought bigger/more was better, especially in the pants."
- I'm killing the quote. --Chronarion 19:45, 1 Oct 2005 (UTC)
On top of this, what's with the page-splitting? it's really silly and doesn't really fit with the rest of this place too well. Sanfam 04:19, 1 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Think the page splitting is to look like a THG article, but in that case the seond page probably needs splitting further.--The Right Honourable Maj Sir Elvis UmP KUN FIC MDA VFH Bur. CM and bars UGM F@H (Petition) 10:08, 1 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- The splitting is to match those really annoying tomshardware articles. I didn't take it further because it was getting annoying. --Chronarion 19:45, 1 Oct 2005 (UTC)
Setting up a diehard battery! That's so lazy! I modded a recombant bike to an old hand crank DC generator to power the HD and now I have the perfect excersize machine! Keep peddling and the music plays, stops and the music stops. I lost 10 pounds already!
- I found that you get more exercise if you try to keep a current going by wearing woolen socks and scuffing about the floor madly, discharging the electricity into the unit. It fries the unit, but you lose more calories. Think about it.-Sir Flammable KUN 21:44, 5 Oct 2005 (UTC)
Actually, this entry needs to be linked to that of the "Home Nuclear Power Plant". Hardwire it to that baby and you can carry your Nano around all day without thinking about battery power.
What about the black nano ???
why is this upgrade not working on black nanos ???
>>> I think it's a race thing. Totally not right. Nanos of all colors have mods, not just the white ones.
>>> The instruction says it requires a white nano but the photos are showing a black nano! Can you clarify which colour I should buy?
This page is famous
Google "200gb ipod" and check out how many of the top results are for this page and are from fairly big websites. Pretty impressive for an article only two weeks old. Well done, Chron. --—rc (t) 05:07, 6 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- What's even funnier are the comments from people on those pages who have obviously undergone a humourectomy, such as the following: "It's a total crock. Look at Step 5. Does it look like any of those "wires" have been soldered to anything? Nope. It looks as if those wires were just drawn on the image. As a matter of fact, most of the pics have been lifted from ars technica.". He's either a Republican politician, or that's double-double irony. -- Sir Codeine K·H·P·B·M·N·C·U·Bu. · (Harangue) 12:10, 6 Oct 2005 (UTC)
We've been.. JP slashdotted?? http://slashdot.jp/article.pl?sid=05/10/04/1036217&topic=114 --Chronarion 01:40, 7 Oct 2005 (UTC)
Also here: http://linkfilter.net/?id=96440
From a commenter on Gizmodo: "Uncyclopedia is an "encyclopedia full of misinformation and utter lies", so you may want to take this with a grain of salt."
I'm gonna unprotect these pages, but if people start vandalising them again, the shields come up. --The Right Honourable Maj Sir Elvis UmP KUN FIC MDA VFH Bur. CM and bars UGM F@H (Petition) 09:36, 11 Oct 2005 (UTC)
Someone should post a hack on how to add a bigger battery. Car battery, so you can listen to tunes forever.
- I agree. I got a 30gb for Christmas, and I'm dismayed by its short battery life. --[[User:Nintendorulez|Nintendorulez | talk]] 17:06, 26 Dec 2005 (UTC)
What is the point of doing this to the Nano?
This is one of the stupidest mods I have seen.
> You obviously have NO sence of humor whatsoever.
"Perfect. I love it."
Saved from the wrong talk page.00:52, 2 May 2006 (UTC)
Where is here some web gallery about site creators? I'm need it.
For example, as here - http://www.google.com - Google, I'm really have seen it here.
And that was speled right. Why is is called an "iPod nano" on the page. Shouldn't it be "iPod Nano"? 220.127.116.11 15:13, 20 June 2006 (UTC)
why would you use a maxtor HDD for this purpose? everyone knows they suck, go with a Western Digital, it will make your ipod nano last much longer without failing, everyone knows that
i actually thought this was serious until I skipped to the end and saw the gigantic hard drive taped to the ipod- theres no way it could draw enough power. also the part that says "flash is similar enough to ata that you can just solder the wires into place" is a dead giveaway --Froth 17:49, 31 August 2006 (UTC)
Does this actually work?
That was the most boring articalthat i have ever forced myself to read. it was domb and NOT AT ALL FUNNY!!! who wrote this shit?!?
This had me laughing out loud
"Note that this set of instructions will not work with the black version."
The link to African-American for the word black, made me totally lose it and start laughing out loud. Great job to whomever put that in. I love this site---coming from a Wikipedia editor. 18.104.22.168 01:01, 6 February 2009 (UTC)