UnNews:Halloween (2018) soundtrack arriving in October
Friday, August 17, 2018
|UnNews Audio (file info)|
|Listen to this story!|
HADDONFIELD, Illinois -- John Carpenter, via his record label, Sacred Bones Records, has officially announced his score soundtrack to the upcoming sequel to his 40-year-old slasher classic, Halloween. The album will drop October 19, 2018 -- the same day as David Gordon Green's film.
Michael Myers's Spotify playlist will stalk the quiet streets of Haddonfield in several varieties:
- Standard black vinyl
- Limited-edition orange vinyl - US Indie Shops
- Art Edition "blood splatter" vinyl with a Michael Myers target practice poster
- Red and Black Splatter “Art Edition” – John Carpenter Tour
- Clear Vinyl with “Orange Pumpkin” Inset “Art Edition” – Sacred Bones Mailorder
- “Bloody Knife” Vinyl – UK Indie Shops (Which "Bloody" are we talking about?)
- Orange and White Starburst Vinyl – Newbury Comics
- “Dirty Bloody Mask” Vinyl – FYE (Is FYE even still around?)
- Orange and Black Starburst Vinyl – Rough Trade
- “Michael Myers” vinyl (Mask White, Jumpsuit Blue, and Blood Red Swirl) – Waxwork Variant
- Half Black/Half Orange Vinyl – Rocket (Australia) Exclusive
- “Bloody Pumpkin” Vinyl – Books-a-Million
Sacred Bones uploaded a 30-second preview of the score on its official YouTube channel. It features a dark, foreboding synth with heavy bass, in the key of D minor. Toward the end, as the British documentary filmmaker taunts Michael with "I have something you might like to see..." We hear what appears to be a slowed-down version of the Halloween theme.
And did anyone mention that Halloween (the 2018 film) will premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival in September?
Again, the film and soundtrack arrive October 19, 2018.
- Ben Tramer "John Carpenter Announced Release Date for New Halloween OST Album" HalloweenMovies.com, August 16, 2018
- Sacred Bones Records "Halloween (Official 2018 Soundtrack Teaser)" YouTube, August 16, 2018