UnNews:Billy Graham dies at 99: What other obits aren't telling you
Thursday, February 22, 2018
Friday, April 20, 2018
Billy Graham died in February, while UnNews struggled to deal with backlog and accumulating news, which we're still struggling to catch up with. (Seriously, give us a break already, news gods!) While many obituaries of him were glowing (to some extent), he was not as honorable a man as those obits made him out to be.
Obits glossed over the fact that he was staunchly homophobic. He outright condemned the LGBT lifestyle, civil rights and gay marriage. He supported conversion therapy and is famously rumored to have once said that all homosexuals "should be castrated." This coming from a guy who follows a Jewish carpenter who preaches tolerance, acceptance and forgiveness.
So please don't look back on Billy Graham with rose-colored nostalgi-goggles! The man was scum just like the rest of 'em.
In summary, he was a little bitch boy and a shitty human being. Stay tuned at @unnews on insta and twitter. 'k, peace out, bitches.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Douglas Robertson "The outpouring of grief for evangelist Billy Graham is disturbing given his homophobic views" The Independent, February 22, 2018
- Garrard Conley "Good Riddance: Billy Graham Made Queer Lives Hell on Earth" Them.us, February 22, 2018
- James Finn "This story is not about Billy Graham and Homophobia" Medium.com, February 24, 2018
- John Paul Brammer "Billy Graham leaves painful legacy for LGBTQ people" NBC News, February 22, 2018
- Trudy Ring "What the Obits Aren't Saying: Evangelist Billy Graham Was a Homophobe" Advocate.com, February 21, 2018
- Linley Sanders "Internet Reacts to Obama Tweet About Billy Graham" Teen Vogue, February 21, 2018