HowTo talk:Be a liberal
|This HowTo was nominated for deletion on June 21, 2007.
The result of the discussion was Keep.
Work in Progress
This article is still in progress. Especially the bottom couple of titles. Feel free to add anything there, but I like the pics. --Sealion 22:20, 16 Sep 2005 (UTC)
Critics of How to be a Liberal and Liberalism
How to what? The article avoids logic ... it's nothing but an arbitrary rant pretending to irony. I.e. it's a loyalty test: whoever finds it lame is /bad/. --User:126.96.36.199
This article is nothing about being a liberal, and only gives pop-culture examples of what liberals have done. This article must be blanked or removed at once! I want a rewrite, one that praises liberals instead of making fun of them. It is ok to make fun of conservatives, but not liberals. I agree with 188.8.131.52 that this article avoids logic, and it must either be removed or rewritten. Sincerly --mrAngry I can be reached at mrAngry@snootygits.com
Um... honestly, this isn't that funny. Yes, I know - "I don't like it so I must just be some angry liberal who can't take a joke" - but really, alot of the stuff isn't even very specific or clever, it's just mundane mudslinging. It might be better if it cracked some jokes based on what views and ideals liberals actually take, as opposed to just ranting like an internet debator about why conservatives are better and liberals are dumb.
...or at least make fun of some fat liberal pundits. --User:184.108.40.206
This article makes fun of liberals
If you want to make fun of conservatives try UnBooks:See Dick, God-Fearing Republicans, HowTo:Be_a_conservative, etc. If the spelling is incorrect, please fix it. Making fun of conservatives is not fitting the writing style of this article. I did not start the article, I added to it in the same style as the writer before me did. Others added to it as well and they kept the writing style. That is the rules of Uncyclopedia and was what was stated on [[Talk:UnBooks:See Dick]] when someone was making fun of liberals there and I told them it did not fit the writing style. I myself am a moderate, but I write articles making fun of conservatives as well as liberals. Don't force me into an edit war with you, I'll report your IP for vandalizing wiki pages. Uncyclopedia is designed to make fun of just about everything. There are too many articles that make fun of conservatives, and we need more that make fun of liberals to even the balance. If you don't like it, hit the red X on your browser or hit Alt-F4 and do us a favor and don't read the article. --2nd_Lt Orion Blastar (talk) 15:51, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
I dont understand
This article seems to alternate wildly between mocking conservatives and mocking liberals. In fact its just plain confusing, even as a comedy piece. 220.127.116.11 17:46, 28 January 2007 (UTC)
- It was a lot better before it was vandalized by liberals to mock conservatives. If you want to help out, use the edit button. --Lt. Sir Orion Blastar (talk) 04:47, 29 January 2007 (UTC)
Looking better than when I left
My thanks to all the positive contributors in my absence. Looking good (although I would propose a maximum number of top banners). Thanks especially for the reference section. I think the article (to be perfect) still needs more clarity within each subcategory--that is, there should be direct-falling-off-the-page-dripping-liberal-ludicrous-thoughts, rather than any tepidness. Oh, and I'm not a communist. ;) Thanks again. --Sealion 21:52, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
- You are welcome. I tried to write in the same style you used. There were some real liberals getting in and making fun of conservatives, which I tried to make funny and fix them as well. I guess the top banners can be removed, just the ones that make the article funny. --Lt. Sir Orion Blastar (talk) 19:00, 13 February 2007 (UTC)
This page is funny when compared to other pages
The article at HowTo:Be a conservative was created as a counter to this one. You have to read both of them to get the humor, and see how they conflict. I didn't think of this article, I added to it in the same writing style of the original authors and tried to finish it up. I contributed to both articles. There are a lot of pages that bash Republicans and Conservatives and not as many that bash Liberals. Some day in the near future I hope to write about Moderates, Libertarians, etc as well. --Lt. Sir Orion Blastar (talk) 03:11, 28 December 2007 (UTC)
More people need to make fun of liberals, they are anti-human, doing everything (abortion, infanticide, euthanasia, the great global warming hoax) – Preceding unsigned comment added by F6fhellcat (talk • contribs)
- Sure maybe you'll like Why?:Why do Non-Conservatives Exist? --Lt. Sir Orion Blastar (talk) 17:34, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
I actually found it funny
As a liberal, I liked this article a lot more than I should have. I can't believe it's not Liberalism was also pretty g- I mean, 9/11 was a conspiracy! Gun control! Impeach Bush! Clinton for prez!!!111 (Sorry, had to save my liberal cred after saying that...) 17:07, 15 March 2008 (UTC)
- I am glad you found it funny. Some people apparently didn't find it funny in the past, and it spawned an how to be a conservative article that wasn't as funny as this article was until it got rewritten a bit by me and a few others. But to counter claims like Conservapedia puts on Uncyclopedia that we don't make fun of liberals here, I had decided to write a few articles that made fun of liberals to balance things out a bit. ICBINL was one of the articles I wrote after talking to Wery Long Wang who had written the Liberals and American Liberals articles. Many articles I wrote that made fun of liberals got VFD because people didn't agree with them politically, but I happen to think that even liberals can take a joke even if it is directed at them. I am working on a new article called User:Orion Blastar/Liberal Agenda, would you mind if I quoted some of your liberal ranting in it? I hope to make it funny enough to move it out of my namespace one day. --Lt. Sir Orion Blastar (talk) 05:56, 16 March 2008 (UTC)
I found this article to be very unfunny. Instead of actually making liberals look stupid and making GOOD jokes about them, you simply make a typical "good ol' U.S. of A." conservative rant on how stupid liberals are and how they are stupid for "condoning disgusting behavior" and talk about how they overreact to global warming and global cooling. Not only are the gay thing and the president Bush thing bullshit, but not one sentence of this article was actually funny. Nothing seemed like a joke, a witty sentence, or an attempt at satire. It just looked like like a big rant on how much liberals are pinko terrorist baby-killer homosexuals while putting the word "liberals are dumb" somewhere in there.
- This isn't Wikipedia or MSNBC either. This is one of the few articles we can use as evidence to Conservapedia that we are not all Viciously Liberal here. If you don't like it, either make suggestions on how it can be funnier, or write your own article. Actually this article was written via Poe's Law to simulate a Fundamentalist Christian Conservative view. In that respect it makes fun of Conservatives for making fun of Liberals via HTBFANJS rules. I cite "Write in a Consistent Style" and the Straight Man method of trying to sound serious like a real Conservative making fun of how to be a liberal. Many are actually fooled into thinking this article might be serious or written by Bill O'Reilly, Shaun Hannity, Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh or part of a series by Fox News such as you. --Lt. Sir Orion Blastar (talk) 01:32, 12 May 2008 (UTC)
- This article is on par with the....shit what was it...you know that conservative show that got cancelled after a couple shows? Ah! The Half Hour News Hour! This is about as funny as that was.
- I lean towards liberal, but that honestly has nothing to do with this. I'm for humor no matter who the recipient is provided it's witty and clever and isn't just a rant with a thin layer of deadpan over it.
- I think it should either be deleted or severely re-written to add some actual jokes to it.
- --F33bs 23:31, 16 May 2008 (UTC)
- Actually it was based on Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update when Dan Aykroyd would debate with Jane Curtain and take the conservative view of how liberals like Jane where. You don't get the humor as you weren't even born back then and you've never seen the reruns on comedy central and you don't even know the political events it referenced. The half hour news hour was nothing like that but The Colbert Report had beaten them in ratings and they were trying to retool the show. Stephen Colbert is a Dan Aykroyd type personality, and I get compared to Stephen Colbert in my political humor. The Colbert Report is basically a very long conservative rant, and it is very funny. But this article is a point counterpoint rebuttal of the how to be a conservative article. For more info on that debate. Most people here on Uncyclopeda who are smart and know a lot about politics know that. --Lt. Sir Orion Blastar (talk) 02:44, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
- It cannot be deleted, it was nominated and survived deletion read here for more info, majority rules and they side with me over this article. Apparently a majority found it funny enough to be kept, mostly liberals as well found it funny. It does have jokes in it, you just don't know enough about politics or history to get them or understand them. --Lt. Sir Orion Blastar (talk) 02:48, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
- --F33bs 23:31, 16 May 2008 (UTC)
- Whoa whoa whoa. I know plenty about politics, and I think its a giant assumption on your part to say that I don't. Besides, that doesn't excuse this articles lack of material.
- I'm sorry to say but this is not a thing like the Colbert Report. Like...at all. I watch the Report every day. The Report works in part because Stephen is so great at deadpan, and from a comedy standpoint, that delivery is impossible to transfer over to writing because the irony is lost in the process as each reader interprets the text in a different tone and manner.
- In my opinion, both articles should be removed as neither of them are funny. Not because its the authors fault, but because the humor is forced to be very one-way and its totally predictable. Don't we already have articles for Conservative and Liberal? That should be enough. Having these are kind of redundant.--F33bs 23:54, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
- How long is this aricle getting? I was already pooped after those ten...million..trillion templates. I'm expecting a summary for dumb people untill the jesus second death day! --18.104.22.168 05:21, April 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Well being a liberal is a very complex thing. One does not simply be born a liberal, they have to be indoctrinated in school and be brainwashed by the media. But yeah it is long, any ideas how to shorten it? --Lt. Sir Orion Blastar (talk) 21:04, March 22, 2012 (UTC)
If you liberals think this "offends" you or it is "dumb", allow me to offer a solution: don't read this page. There are plenty of articles that make fun of conservatives. Why can't there be one to make fun of liberals? Why do you guys think that it is okay to make fun of conservatives, but not liberals? Grow a pair.