Russian reversal (joke)
“In Soviet Russia, joke ruins YOU!!'”
The Russian Reversal is a debating and argumentative tactic developed by the USSR during the twentieth century. A tool described as being able to end and subsequently win any discussion, its original intent was to stupefy capitalist dogs by inverting the sentence and introducing a new prepositional phrase, thus obfuscating the topic and allowing the debater to take control and bury his opponent. Its execution is as simple as it is lethal: the subject and direct object of the sentence in question are reversed, the sentence is preceded with "in Soviet Russia" and all sentences are shifted into the second person.
This is because Soviet Russia is a wondrous land of complete automation and bizarre reversal of ordinary American events and situations. Imagine your wonder when, upon calling a taxi, you discover that here in Soviet Russia, taxi calls YOU!!
"In America, you can always find a party."
Years of ruthless science from the finest minds in Soviet Russia refined this solipsistic bourgeois notion to:
"In Soviet Russia, Party finds YOU!!"
and the rest is history.
Unfortunately, for the rest of the amateur joke-making world, the joke contained an inherent complexity: the word party has two meanings. Almost all attempts at Russian Reversal jokes fail to observe this element, and instead opt to perpetuate a semi-jocular structure with no real punchline.
In Soviet Russia, rule remembers YOU!!
The Russian Reversal was originally developed by Soviet Russians, and featured all their trademarks:
- Bad Grammar
- Incorrect Verb Usage
- Always have "YOU!!" at end.
- Sentence order is generally accepted as "In Soviet Russia, (Noun) (transitive verb)s YOU!!"
- All words like "the" and "a" purged from language in 1919.
- In general, all plural words should be changed into the singular form. In the previous example, "cars" became "car." This is vital, as the impact of the sentence is lost if multiple things are whatever-ing YOU!!
- Try and avoid the words "is" and "are", such as: "In Soviet Russia, dumb is YOU!!". This just sounds stupid. And, in Soviet Russia, that would mean that stupid is you!
- All sentences end with "YOU!!"* For maximum science, mathematical expressions may end with "you." Example: "pi = 3.14159265you."
- In decadent modern era it becomes more accepted that Russian Reversalisms end with word other than "YOU!!" Example: "In Soviet Russia, car fixes A-Team!!". However, in most places, classic reversal is only method of reversal permitted by law:
- Always print "YOU" in ALLCAPS and then finish the sentence with no more and no less than two exclamation points, and italicise those even if the rest of sentence isn't. See previous rule for clarification.
- For example: "In America you follow the rules; in Soviet Russia, rule follows YOU!!"
- Reread all rules, follow in different order.
- Avoid using on, in, at, to, etc.; is less Russian.
- Only use three words. (In Soviet Russia, above ignores YOU!!)
In Soviet Russia, List reads YOU!!
In order to help Capitalists / anti-Communists prepare for their debates, this Official List of All Known Russian Reversals is brought to YOU!!
- In Mozilla, you keep tabs in browser. In Soviet Russia, browser keep tabs on YOU!!"
- In America you watch Big Brother. In Soviet Russia, Big Brother watches YOU!!
- In America, you look at computer monitor. In Soviet Russia, computer monitors YOU!!
- In Soviet Russia, radio listens to YOU!!
- In Soviet Russia, sentence finishes YOU!!
- In Soviet Russia, TV watches YOU!!
- In Soviet Russia, pig grills YOU!!!
- In Soviet Russia, ass kicks YOU!!
- In Soviet Russia, Waldo finds YOU!!
- In Soviet Russia, picture hangs YOU!!
- In Soviet Russia, bank robs YOU!!
- In Soviet Russia, laundry hangs YOU!!
- In Soviet Russia, nut cracks YOU!!
Roses are Red Violets are Blue In Soviet Russia Poem writes YOU!!
In Soviet Russia, also sees YOU!!
Oscar Wilde • in Soviet Russia FLU gets over YOU
BTW: In soviet russia, George Doublebushes YOU!