UnNews:Sally Yates testifies in Trump-Russia investigation
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
WASHINGTON -- Former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates, who was fired for her objections to Emperor Donald Trump's Muslim travel ban, and former National Intelligence Director James Clapper, who "resigned" when Nixon 2.0 was inaugurated, testified Monday in a Senate Judiciary Subcommittee hearing into Russiagate.
Among the things we learned:
- Yates had warned the White House, and Trump himself, about former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn
- President Obama had warned Trump about Flynn when the President-Elect visited the White House shortly after the election.
- Subcommittee's chairman, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, said in his opening statement that
“when one party is attacked, all of us should feel attacked ... when a foreign power interferes in our election, it doesn't matter who they targeted. We're all in the same boat.”
- Graham believes it was, indeed, the Russians who hacked the DNC and Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta.
- Graham wants to learn more about Flynn's "unmasking."
- Clapper claims Russia "pursued a multi-faceted influence campaign" leading up to the election, weakening Clinton and benefitting Trump.
“"The conclusions and confidence levels reached at the time still stand," he added. He said later that the evidence the Russians interfered in the election was "overwhelming."”
- Clapper confirmed a story previously reported by UnNews, among others, claiming that British intel that sent Trump-Russia communications to U.S. officials. However, because the information was "quite sensitive," Clapper was unable to elaborate.
“Graham asked Yates if she was aware of any evidence that anyone in the Trump campaign "colluded" with the Russians during the election. Yates replied that she could not answer that question because it would require her to reveal classified information.”
- Yates basically confirmed collusion.
- Yates was never even told about the travel ban, and found out about it through the media.
- Natasha Bertrund "Sally Yates and James Clapper testify before the Senate about Michael Flynn and Russia" Business Insider via Yahoo! News, May 8, 2017