(Redirected from Speciesm)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Definition[edit | edit source]
When an animal (usually a lion) talks down to or makes fun of another species, like racism but with animals. Usually false accusations or exaggerated truths.
Examples[edit | edit source]
Rude comments[edit | edit source]
- “You’ve got a lot going on down there, honey!” Used towards females of species that are false hermaphrodites, such as spotted hyaenas or lemurs.
- “Go bark at that tree, since you’ve got nothing better to do!” Used towards animals in the dog family.
- “Why can’t you see that? You should have good eyesight, since you eat carrots all day! Used towards Lagomorphs.
Stereotypes[edit | edit source]
- Fragile, physically and emotionally. (Deer)
Slurs[edit | edit source]
- Dickless - male frogs, toads, caecilians, fish (excluding sharks) and birds (excluding ducks, geese, ostriches, and turkeys).
- Herm - Female spotted hyaena
- Scab - Rats
- Scav (Scavenger) - All hyaenas. 
- Bacon and Eggs - A swine and bird couple.
- Bigballs - Tanukies
- Tanker - Turtles, terrapins and Tortoises.
- Toothpick carrier - Raccoons.
- Prickdick - Any male feliform, but more specifically used for big and domestic cats.
- Bleeder - Female dog usually a domestic dog.
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Rats will eat and enjoy cheese, like they enjoy other food types, but it's not they favorite food by any means. The myth that rats particularly like cheese is no more than a myth. According to many, this myth was creating due to the fact that rats frequently chewed on roles of home-made chees kept in storages.
- ↑ Myth: Hyenas are stupid. Truth: Hyenas are brainy as well as brawny. Spotted hyenas can solve problems by opening puzzle boxes, according to a 2012 study.
- ↑ Most male birds have no phallus. Fish, excluding the shark family do not have penises at all. If you’ve ever picked up a frog or toad in your life you may have noticed it has no visible genitalia at all.
- ↑ Hyaenas don’t just scavenge as we were told to believe, they hunt often.
- ↑ The baculums (penis bones) of raccoons can be used as toothpicks.
- ↑ The male cat penis is known for having penile spines that resemble small spikes.
- ↑ Female dogs do undergo a regular cycle and bleed once they reach maturity.