Uncyclopedia talk:Community Portal
- 1 Streamlining of the Portal
- 2 Second link
- 3 Reordering page
- 4 Emergency Protocol
- 5 noob question
- 6 XHTML
- 7 Pl interwiki
- 8 How
- 9 The Perl Wiki in Wikia
- 10 move to Community Port-a-loo
- 11 Interwiki update
- 12 Isn't it time for a software update?
- 13 Can't update link because page is locked
- 14 Listen
- 15 Updating
- 16 Question from new user...
- 17 Spanish typo?
- 18 drug abuse
- 19 please?
- 20 zeltrd
- 21 Speech synthesis
- 22 Do you guys have every single article
- 23 Review
- 24 Stupidedia
Streamlining of the Portal
Here are the links I removed:
- The Forum (the fake forum) - nobody used it and it's redundant in any case.
- Complaints Department - rarely used, also redundant.
- Colonizations - inactive.
- Uncategorized Pages - don't see why this is vital and it can be accessed through Special Pages in any case.
- Move to Undictionary and Convert a Stub to Undictionary - instructions for Undic are on its portal page.
- New Pages - accessed through Special Pages and now on Recent Changes as well.
- Past Award Winners - in the archives.
- Link to Dump at the bottom of the page - don't know why that was there anyway.
Links I added:
- Help Portal
- Image Review
- Best of Uncyclopedia (Images) (i.e. PFP)
At the bottom of the page there is a link to the VD, as there is a the top. Shouldn't the bottom link be removed? ~ 18:27, 5 July 2006 (UTC)
I just added some collected info for new users, although I don't know if it was needed.
Regardless, I'm thinking that once our "Pages to be Deleted" is no longer necessary, once the upgrade happens, we can move the Ban Patrol into the QC section. As it's directly related to QC. --Famine 17:51, 25 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Emergency Protocol  It has come to my attention that we have been recieveing an influx of retarded tardmunchers. Thus, the number of non-article pages that have been DESTROYED has skyrocketed. Until Chronarion can restore all the pages that were destroyed, I will give 24 year bans to anyone who does bullshit to non-article pages. And if a range of ip's are seen doing these sorts of malicious acts, the entire range will be blocked. Have a fucking nice day. --Nytrospawn 02:07, 16 Jul 2005 (UTC) Nevermind --Nytrospawn 14:32, 16 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Hi! This is the community portal. Feel free to link to everything and stuff here. --Chronarion 18:52, 5 Jan 2005 (EST)
Yes, Search box does seem broken - noticed about 9:00am [GMT] --Pantsonhead 05:42, 8 Apr 2005 (EDT)
Is the search box broken? I tried searching for simple strings (i.e. 'you have two cows' without quotes) and it throws an error... something to the effect of 'Badly formed search query', plus the query searched for is displayed as "" (null) instead of "you have two cows'. --bdanials 05:18, 8 Apr 2005 (EDT)
Why don't we justt rip off:  It would get you more content. Also you should have a link from that page so people can head over and get this sort of thing out of their system.
linked. feel free to rip stuff from there if you like, though ask about licensing first, since we're under CC instead of LGPL.--Chronarion 16:06, 12 Jan 2005 (EST)
Oh God, I'm about to fall into the portal! NNNNOOOOOOOoooooooooo......... -- Bathrobe 21:57, 12 Jan 2005 (EST)
Hey, are the math tags disabled or something? The HowTo says that they're available, and they're on the editor... --Niko 22:10, 26 Feb 2005 (EST)
sos im outside in my underwear wearing my 3D glasses. 'fool!' you all say, but a-ha! my glasses simply multiply the current reality! 3D x 3D = the 9th dimension! and i'm wearing pants in that one. and most of my 17 mile penis is in that one too.
soon i will conquer this Dimension i will call 'Pants-prime 46'. this dimension will offer asylum to all those who lack pants! this silient majority will come flocking to my world, and in that moment, i, will, be, um...pretty claustrophobic.Metaphysical 10:19, 4 Mar 2005 (EST)
If some of you are bored, you might want to try helping to clean up the categories. Currently we have not only "ramble", but also "rambling", and "incoherent". --Chronarion 22:58, 7 Mar 2005 (EST)
I've condensed Computer, Computers into "Computing and Technology" and done similar to "Politics and Government" and combined Rambling into Ramble. Incoherent, I think is a separate topic really. On the same line, I think "Computers" and "Technology" deserve their own topics... any thoughts?--Machinecurse 19:44, 23 Mar 2005 (EST)
- wow, the plants ARE dying. I got a total of, what, 2 visitors from this page, and no comments. -_- --stillwaters 03:40, 17 Mar 2005 (EST)
- I checked out the blog of you & I like it. You keep writing like that and I will have to bookmark it. --Uvula Donor
- Should I be ashamed to say that I've been a member over there for awhile now, even though I'm, like, old and stuff? I hang around the Computer forum diagnosing spyware problems and helping the kids analyze their HijackThis! logs. --Uvula Donor 19:57, 23 Mar 2005 (EST)
- We both must attone for our shameful behavior on Gaia Online. Shame on us and our impure thoughts --Nytrospawn 19:00, 3 Apr 2005 (EDT)
Stupid noob, stupid question: I'll be danged if I can find any documentation on how to add articles from scratch. Can somebody explain it to me? --Whit (who also can't figure out how to include a proper signature - the button above doesn't appear to to anything)
- First off: to leave a proper sig, you can do one of two things: either type in --~~~~ or push the signature button while editing - second from right. All you'll get is a --~~~~ it will be parsed into a sig when you hit "Save Page" and the php is rendered.
- As for a new article:
- make a link on a page which looks like [[your_article_name_here]], save the page, and click on your link.
- go to the titlebar and slap in http://www.uncyclopedia.org/wiki/your_article_name_here and it will bring you to the blank page to edit. Just don't forget to link to it from somewhere else, or it may never get seen. Thus #1 is the better of the two options, as it ensures you have a link to your new page.
- Done. 17:45, 12 May 2006 (UTC)
How do I become a moderator? 184.108.40.206 22:12, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
- You are more likely to be banned than to ever become a moderator, I'm afraid. Well, at least here on Uncyclopedia... Maybe you should try your wang in mouth practicianssomewhere else? --~ tan(€) 22:16, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
- What Money is trying to say is that we do nothing in moderation here, so there are no moderators. Just EX-TREEME!!!!!ers. (to the max) 22:56, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
- I vandalized a lot on wikipedia, so I'm trying to become a moderator here. :) 220.127.116.11 03:41, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
The Perl Wiki in Wikia
Hello fellow Uncyclopedians,
The simple truth is often funnier than anything that we can imagine. I'm currently involved in a very real global Perl project that parallels the original purpose for creating the Uncyclopedia. The issue that I'm dealing with is that of our free and open expression of Opinion, that as you all well know, like Humor, is not allowed to be freely and openly expressed within Wikipedia.
The global Perl community has a long history of having some fun with Perl, so I expect that you will continue to be visited by us, for the sake of good Perl humor, because I see the Uncyclopedia as part of the total solution that I'm trying to create.
If there are any Perl Uncyclopedians here who are also interested in my Perl Opinion project, please contact me at Perl:User_talk:Ermeyers.
--Ermeyers 01:38, 16 July 2006 (UTC)
move to Community Port-a-loo
I reckon that this page should be renamed "Community Port-a-loo"
[[ar:بيضيپيديا:بوابة المجتمع]] [[ca:Valenciclopèdia:Community Portal]] [[da:Spademanns Leksikon:Forside]] [[de:Uncyclopedia:Portal]] [[el:Ανεγκυκλοπαίδεια:Τεκές]] [[es:Inciclopedia:Portal de la comunidad]] [[fr:Désencyclopédie:Communauté]] [[he:איןציקלופדיה:שער הקהילה]] [[it:Nonciclopedia:Portale comunità]] [[la:Uncapaedia:Community Portal]] [[pl:Nonsensopedia:Kanciapa]] [[ru:Абсурдопедия:Форум]] [[zh:伪基百科:社区 on Wheels!]]
Enjoy! Szoferka 14:53, 25 August 2006 (UTC)
Isn't it time for a software update?
One thing that I would like to see is a page semi-protection option; only IPs and newly registered edtiors can't edit the page.--Mister Nosey 22:07, 13 October 2006 (UTC)
- Uh, we can already do that... I'm not sure how well semi-protecting this page'd go down though. • Spang • • 05:03, 15 October 2006 (UTC)
Can someone who can do it update the how to get started editing uncyclopedia link to "Uncyclopedia:How To Get Started Editing" ? Thanks. --Hrodulf 13:23, 1 November 2006 (UTC)
- Done and done. -- Hindleyite 13:25, 1 November 2006 (UTC)
You people are sick.
- Yer so?--The Right Honourable Maj Sir Elvis UmP KUN FIC MDA VFH Bur. CM and bars UGM F@H (Petition) 13:18, 24 December 2006 (UTC)
You guys make fun of everything.
Doesn't the Emmanuel Goldstein Award of Excellence in the Distribution of Misinformation need to be linked under the awards and maybe Unpoetia could be put on there somewhere as well. (that is all said at once, no pauses) —Braydie at 17:47, 13 January 2007 (UTC)
Question from new user...
Is it possible to link to an Uncyclopedia article from Wikipedia as though it were a different language version? If not, should it be possible?Morrismaciver 18:10, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
Is "queiro" supposed to be a joke, or is it just a spelling error? It should be "quiero"... not important, I know, but I can't edit the page so I can't fix it. :) --Raxvulpine 04:08, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
- Fixed! But to be honest, it can't really be a typo if it's in a made up language. "Spanish", heh, what will they think of next? • Spang • • 06:59, 21 Feb 2008
- Thanks! There's already "Spanglish;" I'm holding out for "Spanskrit." --Raxvulpine 13:01, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
- In class last week, my yoga teacher worked up to purvottanasana in stages starting with tabletop pose, which he called "mesa-asana." It was the first time I'd heard anyone speaking Spanskrit.
- Thanks! There's already "Spanglish;" I'm holding out for "Spanskrit." --Raxvulpine 13:01, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
This is a comprehensive addiction portal focusing on topics of alcohol and drug abuse.
- Um, this is a page for talking about the Community Portal? Post that on the 7-Up article (like you did) and leave non related pages alone. Thanks. MrN 17:48, Nov 23
I've found this page to create silly speeches we can add on videos (like foreign interview translation). This software (Festival) is open source so we haven't any issue of rights. Perhaps, it could be useful to add this on a help page ?
Ftiercel 19:47, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Do you guys have every single article
This is just great... From Superman to Gay, you guys have a article about freakin' everything. I've laughed my ass off... Great ! 18.104.22.168 20:24, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
I think this is the most useless encyclopedia. This is not crude humor, this is sexist, racist, offensive, non-ethical, trolling and doesn't worth a damn. Do you even distinguish vandalism from normal editing, do you see that all you do here is a product of hate and ignorance, I don't think you do. In my opinion this should get deleted. --22.214.171.124 22:12, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Where did you get that weird idea, friendly IP guy? GUN SotM UotM PMotM UotY PotM WotM 22:50, 23 June 2011
- Of making this? I think this abusive, vandalism, troling, you allow users to vandalise and even use profane on your userpages, shame on you. The content here is sexist, racist and a waste of time, and I think you should know it. --126.96.36.199 23:19, June 23, 2011 (UTC)