Uncyclopedia:Create an account
Registering for an account here on Uncyclopedia is not necessary to edit (anonymous users are free to edit and create content if they so which) but it is encouraged as having an account here provides a number of additional benefits. These benefits include:
- Editing the semi-protected pages (once you're account is auto-confirmed i.e you don't get banned after 4 days of being registered)
- The ability to move pages (again, after the autoconfirmed right has been set in place)
- Upload your own files to use in your articles. (No shock images or illegal content please)
- Have a userpage (yes a page just for you)
- You will have a greater voice in site happenings (Please see the dump)
- Most importantly we can give you a name.
How do I create an account?
Its really simple, see that shiny Login / Create account button in the top right corner of your screen, click it.
- Next switch over to the create account screen
- Fill in all the fields with the appropriate information (Email is optional, but will allow others to email you via the Email user feature)
- Click confirm
I can't create an account. HELP!
A number of problems may arise, and I shall address the most common ones as best I can:
- My preferred username is taken - Sorry dude, but some other guy stole your userspace. You're just gonna have to pick a different username.
- My name is too "similar" too an existing one - Either you're impersonating an existing user, which probably means you're a troll / vandal, your efforts are futile. If not, again you're just gonna have to alter your username. With the amount of users registered here, its bound to happen.
- My name is too long - Fuck, I guess you're gonna have to pick something other than Roman Dog Bird Is A Nigger Fucking Faggot That Likes It Up The Bum From Old Men. Seriously if this if an issue for you, you're most likely a vandal. Stop.
- My IP is blocked - This means that either the former owner of the IP, or the IP is shared and someone got you're IP on our hit list, if you swear you're not a vandal go on IRC and request it be unblocked. Our admins are kind, sometimes.
Why should I make an account?
Were you even listening to me before?