- 1 Modified Controversy
- 2 Move to Birmingham Niggers?
- 3 Stuff that used to be above the table of contents because people were too lazy to come up with titles
- 4 This couldn't be more wrong
- 5 Remove intro quote
- 6 Funding of Medical Research
- 7 Thank You
- 8 Somebody should
- 9 Mascot
- 10 Someone
- 11 Obama?
- 12 Controversy Section
- 13 Recent light edit gets heavier
- 14 Some of my best friends are niggers
- 15 I never thought I'd see this day
I added this paragraph to the Controversy section: "The American Civil Liberties Union represented the Niggers and the NFL football team, the Nebraska Nazis, in three separate court cases, claiming the fans of both teams had the right to dress up in blackface or has Hitler respectively. They won all their court cases, sparking nationwide riots each time." Screw this shit I included a link to the Nebraska Nazis article, and in that article I included a similar paragraph that links back to the Birmingham nIggers article. --Screenpass 15:01, 6 November 2007 (UTC)screenpass
Move to Birmingham Niggers?
Should we move this article to "Birmingham Niggers" and keep the current name as a redirect to the new article?SteveSims 19:01, 11 April 2007 (UTC)
Stuff that used to be above the table of contents because people were too lazy to come up with titles
I had a thought for this article. Would it be funny to add a section about the team being bought in the early '90s by Dr. Dre or something, and the team then becoming popular with black people, who refer to the team as 'My niggas!', and DMX writing a song about them? It'd be a way of working in the "reclaiming" of the word by some black people. --Strong RadX 13:19, 11 Nov 2005 (UTC)
Not a bad thought, though I darren justice think the movement should start with Richard Pryor in the early 70s.--slack 17:31, 12 Nov 2005 (UTC)
I think you're both retarded. --Tax 07:21, 1 September 2006 (UTC)
Strongly agree with you--Liebenasuka 00:20, 8 September 2006 (UTC)
And I think you 4 are retarded Hetetic 07:04, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
Ay, I think all y'all is some dumbass niggas.
--Nothing on this site is funny, so I think that would fit perfectly. I haven't so much as smiled after going through a few articles. 188.8.131.52 19:09, 7 December 2008 (UTC)
This couldn't be more wrong
And I love it for that reason.
Remove intro quote
Idea: The "Whitely" quote about the Indians, etc. should be removed from the beginning, to avoid the redundancy of it later on. (Besides, if you don't already know about the Indians, and therefore didn't think of them upon seeing the logo, you're not gonna get the joke anyway. It should be subtle here, instead of stating outright "This is what we're satirizing.") Lenoxus 05:48, 8 March 2006 (UTC)
Funding of Medical Research
Just moving this here as it didn't quite fit with the rest of the article, added by an anonIP a week ago --Carlb 22:43, 27 March 2006 (UTC)
Niggers have used a portion of their ticket sales to fund medical research. During their 1993 season, the Niggers set earmarked 20.166% of their ticket revenue to go to the study of qulumphs. They ammassed $257,000 for this project and sent it to the Mjolnir Center for Qulumphs Research.
The study consisted of tricycle gremlins being sent first through a single slut, and then through two thin verticle sluts in otherwise solid barriers, and then viewed on a rear screen.
But when both sluts are open-legged, instead of the sum of these two singular gremlin peaks that would be expected if tricycle gremlins were made of parts, a pattern of gremlin and tricycle fringes is observed.
This pattern of fringes was best explained as the interference of the gremlin waves as they recombined after passing through the sluts, much as waves in water recombine to create gremins and tricycles. In the gremlinier spots, there is "constructive interference", where two "peaks" in the gremlin wave coincide as they reach the screen. In the tricycle spots, "destructive interference" occurs where a gremlin and a tricycle occur together.
Finally! Birmingham (my home town) has a pro sports team! And we're now mentioned in Uncyc; you killed two birds with one stone! Now all we need to do is ban figure skating. --Betamaxx 19:26, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
Give this nigga some bigger lips!:
Honestly, I hate the edit. It doesn't look like lips. If you're gonna be really racist, at least make a decent picture. Sublimeone 02:06, 11 September 2007 (UTC)
guess who jsut saved a png file as a jpg in microsoft paint..... Naughtyned did!
bye bye color informationVeggieburgerfish 23:36, 3 January 2008 (UTC)
Colonel Sanders?--Got Milk? 09:27, 13 February 2007 (UTC)
wwoww... it looks like his lips got shaved off or something... ever heard of just making the lips bigger instead of adding 3 different shades on his lips like he just ate ice cream
Please remove that picture with the black guy wearing a swastika. As someone who knows the story behind it, I can tell it belongs in ED and only in ED. 184.108.40.206 06:52, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
- There is humor in the hypocrisy that blacks (and Latinos) resent being stereotyped but have stereotypes of their own--in the case of blacks, antagonism versus people who are merely brown. But that humor is not the subject of this article, nor is Nazism or the swastika, so the picture doesn't really fit. --SpikeFromNH 17:34, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
I have heard reports that Barack Osamabamabuckwheat will be throwing out the first pitch for the 2009 opening game. Might be worth adding.
- How about adding this part: Key star pitcher John Rocker interrupted the first pitch when he went up to him and spouted a long 10-minute rant about them "foreigners" with "funny sounding names" like Obama? That would be hilarious in a way. +
Might I suggest: You can add the Atlanta Braves to your Redskins, Indians line.
--AmericanBastard 05:24, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
Recent light edit gets heavier
I don't like the proposed new Rufus illustration. The old picture got a big laugh out of me not just because of its un-PC-ness but from seeing such a cheap knock-off of Chief Wazoo. I recalled all the debates with baseball fans who say Chief Wazoo is a "demeaning stereotype" and said, Whew! it could be worse! Whatever you do to the photo, don't mess with the allegory to the Cleveland Indians. ... --SpikeFromNH 17:30, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
I've now done some light editing of the intro and of "Cleveland Indians Lawsuit" to make it read more like an encyclopedia.
I want to do a little heavier editing, after getting some feedback. The canon of the article is that these guys run a team called the Niggers and, for whatever reason, don't think it's offensive. So explicit mentions of racism, such as at the start of "Greats," breaks it. I don't understand the Barry Bonds reference at the end of that section; the team supposedly didn't use blacks, nor is the rest of baseball "white." Also, "History," in the photo caption and the reference to NCAA, throws around a lot of epithets, again violating the canon. This is a clever article, but gratuitous name-calling isn't clever. --SpikeFromNH 01:04, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
[Moved to the bottom of the talk page to see if anyone will comment --SpikeFromNH 15:08, 29 August 2009 (UTC)]
No one did, so am now starting in on the section on "History" --SpikeFromNH 11:20, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
Correspondence during the edit
Originally on my talk page
I don't really see what your new paragraph in the article on the Birmingham Niggers adds.
- You changed the name of the old stadium from "Projects" (as in high-rise low-income housing) to "Project" (as in what?)
- Who's Chuck H. Jones? Is this funny? All the other names in the article are plays on whiteness.
You understand that the joke about the article is the extreme insensitivity of club management? It's not just a blank check to tell black-people jokes. Talk to me. --SPIKE 00:29, September 23, 2009 (UTC)
The Project Sounds more unified than The Projects.
Chuck H. Jones isn't anyone. His name can be changed if deemed unfunny.
My additions weren't just cheap two-bit black jokes, they made fun of perceptions of Black Lifestyle and the "every black woman is a whore" mindset. I don't even like black jokes, I do like social satire.
Thanks for your response...; I have gently scrubbed the new paragraph and it's really shiny now. --SPIKE 01:16, September 23, 2009 (UTC)
Some of my best friends are niggers
I really enjoyed this article. Well done. Myocardialinfarction 07:24, September 14, 2009 (UTC) Also I quite like the idea of Ty Cobb as a 'power hitler'. But then puns are inherently weak and should be gassed. Myocardialinfarction 12:21, October 17, 2009 (UTC)
- On the final illustration, the MSNBC interview with "Nigger Innis"--I read today's op-ed by Niger Innis. In a year of watching over this article, I had not realized that that was not just some guy who chose a deliberatively provocative name (like gay Mr. Sissyfag in San Francisco) but an infamous misspelling by a network. LOL'ed. 21:52 3-Jan-11
I never thought I'd see this day
I never thought I would see the day rthat Uncyclopedia had the balls to say "nigger" and encyclopedia dramaticunt didn't. Fuck uncyclopedia but fuck ED ten times as much. Smellingkate 00:05, January 25, 2011 (UTC)
- A message timed with the plan to re-release The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and other works next month in versions that will save us from confronting our past. Uncyclopedia, on many fronts, has shown it is willing to offend anyone; check out our many articles on the world's major (and minor) religions. I oppose the practice when it is not in the service of humor--but it clearly is in this article. 00:21 25-Jan-11
- To onlookers: Smellingkate just got banned from Wikifur, after announcing there he had gotten banned from ED. Admins here might want to ban him to "avoid the last-minute rush." 03:00 27-Jan-11